Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

T2: Trainspotting sequel (as in Welsh's one)

First Trailer

Not convinced by that to be honest. Nice to see the characters / actors together again but feels like a re-tread (especially the updated 'Choose Life' speech).

Hopefully it's just a bad trailer.

First Trailer

Not convinced by that to be honest. Nice to see the characters / actors together again but feels like a re-tread (especially the updated 'Choose Life' speech).

Hopefully it's just a bad trailer.

Same, though I'm sure it will turn out fine. I like the poster though.

I'm wondering how many characters from the book make it, Juice Terry for example.

You know it's going to be shit. I mean come on guys.

Yup, I'd almost bet on the general consensus being average at best.

The original is a bit overrated, Boyle is way overrated as a director, and it's hard to think of a sequel 20 years later that's been good!

Empire days it's boss - that it has plenty of elements of what we lose as we get older and how much and who we hold onto.

Robert Carlyle I know is doing his bit in interviews but he says the script made him burst into tears and he never does that.

Probably not for me. I loved Trainspotting - the book and even film - exuberant, joyful, even the dismal parts, and also surprisingly authentic (being somewhat a druggie)...but then found that I increasingly loathed Irvine Welsh with an increasingly visceral detestation with every crappy pile of garbage...I think Marabou Stork was the start of it until I sincerely wished the fuckwit simply vanished off the face of the earth. Just the over-exposure to utterly unsympathetic men, each and every one of them despicable scum, just failed to ignite even the tiniest shred of engagement.
Pissed off with Danny Boyle as well after his sickening nostalgia olympic fest.
Nothing hurts more than that horrible realisation that youthful admiration was built on sand.

Probably not for me. I loved Trainspotting - the book and even film - exuberant, joyful, even the dismal parts, and also surprisingly authentic (being somewhat a druggie)...but then found that I increasingly loathed Irvine Welsh with an increasingly visceral detestation with every crappy pile of garbage...I think Marabou Stork was the start of it until I sincerely wished the fuckwit simply vanished off the face of the earth. Just the over-exposure to utterly unsympathetic men, each and every one of them despicable scum, just failed to ignite even the tiniest shred of engagement.
Pissed off with Danny Boyle as well after his sickening nostalgia olympic fest.
Nothing hurts more than that horrible realisation that youthful admiration was built on sand.

I thought Marabou Stork's Nightmares was fantastic.

I loved the Danny Boyle's opening Ceremony of the London olympics.

I reckon being repeatedly raped by Lexo and his pals over a hellish 24 hours hurts more than the horrible realisation that youthful admiration was built on sand.

Really enjoyed that, a lot better than I expected it to be. Difficult to talk about with doing the whole spoiler thing so I won't say too much, especially as it's only just out.

But
A happy ending for Spud, yay! :)

They are all on BBC1 Graham Norton's show at the moment.
Given that guests at Graham Norton's are always allowed the softest of interviews I was surprised to see him asking Boyle and McGregor about their infamous falling out. I guess it was all prearranged though.

Given that guests at Graham Norton's are always allowed the softest of interviews I was surprised to see him asking Boyle and McGregor about their infamous falling out. I guess it was all prearranged though.

McGregor's anecdote about being in the same first-class cabin as Boyle was not new for a start, but eh, it's a chat show, not a deep exploration of the artist's mind. Robert Carlyle's view on The Full Monty "I thought it was fuckin' pish" made me lol though.

Back
Top Bottom