Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

'super talented weirdos'- Dominic Cummings wants your cv

So, he survived being racist, a eugenicist, and classist, but it was sexism (and creepy incest fantasies) that did for him.

today has not been a good day..... I think this little episode should really worry us. They are testing the boundaries

edit- raptors testing the fence as a friend of mine calls it. They’ll be back
Used to be the right looks for converts, the left searches for traitors. But who'd want to involved with them?

The current government has marginalised the europhilic business wing of the tory party and they've now no natural home.

The two party status quo is breaking down. Them pushing will only rile people up.

Frightening but interesting time ahead.

How does someone in their twenties, with no discernable job history and who is so clever he signs up to be a contractor rather than an employee at HMG come out with "habitual welfare claimants tend to be less conscientious and agreeable than the average person".
Being a contractor isn't stupid. You get a ton more money and pay next to no tax. You don't get job security, but that doesn't mean much for a special advisor. You're also not always given the choice anyway.

“good geopolitical forecasting track records”

Well, we can’t be World player of the Volk are polluted with undesirables I guess

It does make a clear statement about the government's employment checks though. They either didn't check, or didn't give a shit about his previous posts, or they looked at them and thought "no that's a reasonable thing to say I quite agree with all of that"

:facepalm:
Or someone went 'holy fuck have you seen this old online stuff this guy wrote, could be an issue down the line' and they were overruled by their line manager/slightly more senior colleague who told them it would be fine...

Being a contractor isn't stupid. You get a ton more money and pay next to no tax. You don't get job security, but that doesn't mean much for a special advisor. You're also not always given the choice anyway.
The tax laws have changed. You only pay little tax if you leave the money in your company.... which doesn’t help you pay the mortgage.

It does make a clear statement about the government's employment checks though. They either didn't check, or didn't give a shit about his previous posts, or they looked at them and thought "no that's a reasonable thing to say I quite agree with all of that"

You are often not checked as a contractor. They buy your time like they’d buy stationery or coffee. It’s part of why companies like it- flexible, quick to get on and off the books. Does make you wonder whether it should be allowed for government roles

Or they thought one blatant white supremacist eugenicist fucker would attract enough flack to let them get away with the rest of their appointments...

Yeah absolutely, it's about minimising costs, fine capital is obviously going to use new technology to further its interests of course. But the wanky language and the idiots who buy into it. I know people who have about ten bank accounts now, monzo, revolut (!), whatever the rest are called. Its still just a fucking bank account

"Hey look how convenient this is when you don't need anything complicated, isn't this totally worth the lack of ability to do anything complicated which might require a human to sort it out for you? Oh also we stopped doing interest, too complicated."

"Hey look how convenient this is when you don't need anything complicated, isn't this totally worth the lack of ability to do anything complicated which might require a human to sort it out for you? Oh also we stopped doing interest, too complicated."

My mate was fully on that monzo bandwagon from the get go, before they had a banking licence, so it was basically a charge card, he'd have to transfer money onto it to spend. He would give money to them when they crowdfunded, I couldn't get my head around it, you don't get equity or anything, it's like giving to charity but the charity is some hipster capitalists. Mug. All he could say was that he didn't like banks and this lot were 'different' and that the app is good. No interest, no overdrafts, no branches. And every bank app will do the same now, obviously, because if the technology exists and its successful then everybody else will replicate it. So you just have a shit bank card with a dickhead name.

My mate was fully on that monzo bandwagon from the get go, before they had a banking licence, so it was basically a charge card, he'd have to transfer money onto it to spend. He would give money to them when they crowdfunded, I couldn't get my head around it, you don't get equity or anything, it's like giving to charity but the charity is some hipster capitalists. Mug. All he could say was that he didn't like banks and this lot were 'different' and that the app is good. No interest, no overdrafts, no branches. And every bank app will do the same now, obviously, because if the technology exists and its successful then everybody else will replicate it. So you just have a shit bank card with a dickhead name.
I must admit, I'm not particularly convinced.

For an apparent spod, failing to delete or even review your social media prior to getting a job that may have some public scrutiny marks you out as a dumb fuck. Managed to eugenic himself out of the picture. ahahaahahaaha high IQs my arse
where i used to do a pub quiz, there was a mensa team which i routinely beat.

they always complained but shut up after i pointed out you can have an iq as high as you like but if you don't know the answers you won't win

conservative party hq?
i think the tory party take their lead in questions of morality from their leader, who - no matter what else he may be - can hardly be described as celibate

even the uncharismatic sir john major had an affair while in downing street, while one aspect of margaret thatcher's life in downing street which has still to be revealed to the public involved a threesome with ian gow and alan clark

Well bear in mind they're "involuntary" celibates - I can't imagine Boris would be too fussed at their lack of ability to get laid if it fuels some of those classic Tory blue-ball ideas. Giant Isle of Man shed, kick a homeless day, that sort of thing.

"The business minister Kwasi Kwarteng has said the process for hiring staff to advise Downing Street needs to be “looked at...”

No, we've been looking at it. It's shit. It needs changing, preferably starting with getting rid of Cummings.

I like to think someone drew Cummings' attention to the posts and he went 'Brilliant! This is exactly the type of out-of-the-box thinking we need!'

If the bloke was a Von Braun hiring him could be justified but he's hardly a unique "talent" just a rather nasty spaad

Back
Top Bottom