Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suella Braverman's time is up.

The whole thing.

I'm glad Braverman has gone, in the dismal line of recent Home Secretaries, she is undoubtedly the worst. Putting the boot in on an Indian/African woman in that manner is not on though.

That makes as much sense as if I were to accuse you of being misogynistic and borderline racist for stating that Braverman is undoubtedly the worst in the recent line of Home Secretatries, and claim that you putting the boot in on an Indian/African woman in that manner is not on.

It isn’t just you. I am looking forward to at least one of the children releasing a coruscating memoir detailing everything they had to endure in their parents’ quest for tawdry internet fame. Written or sung.
I'm hoping for the opposite, I hope they are as nice as they appear. It would be nice for once being jaded and cynical and be proven wrong for being jaded and cynical, and not as normally happens having a jaded and cynical opinion and finding out I'm not cynical enough.

Neither can this:

Suella Braverman claims to have contributed to a legal textbook. The author says she didn’t.

hqdefault.jpg

63114565-11280955-image-a-19_1664918455433.jpg

"The book’s author says Braverman made “no written or editorial contribution”, and simply did some photocopying."

It was not just her CV that was 'made up'?:

"Suella Braverman had no evidence for her claim that “many” people pretend to be gay in order to “game” the UK asylum system, the Home Office has been forced to admit ..."

Braverman had no evidence for ‘fake gay asylum seekers’ claim

63114565-11280955-image-a-19_1664918455433.jpg

"Asked by openDemocracy for the evidence behind the then home secretary’s statement, her former department admitted it could not find any relevant information."

The governance consequences of appointing a bigot as Home Secretary?:

17 November 2023: 'I've spent more time with James Cleverly this week than with Suella Braverman in the last year', Sadiq Khan tells LBC

No time to meet with the Mayor of London, but ...

"Former Home Secretary Suella Braverman met with a controversial policing pressure group with links to the right-wing populist movement, including the Reclaim Party, as recently as three weeks ago, Byline Times can reveal ..."

‘Holding Back Progress During Crisis of Confidence for Minority Communities’: Braverman’s Meetings with Controversial Policing Pressure Group

I doubt "Fair Cop" have that many people actually currently within policing (as opposed to being retired cops or those who left), but they probably did play more than a partial role in the drawing-up of the new Non Hate Crime Incident national policy.

Certainly the way it is written sounds very much like it was designed to protect controversial types of a particular kind, by people who didn't understand how modern policing systems work - a few times it talks about deleting data from all police systems (including command and control systems), which is in many cases technically impossible and goes against a lot of obvious safeguards designed specifically to prevent these records being edited after the fact.

Are you daft? In what way is it misogynistic or racist? Especially given that this is much the same sort of thing this family dishes out to loads of Tories. Can we not slag off Tory scum if they're of Afro-Carribean or Asian descent?
Tbh the ‘migration is out of control’ lyric is a bit racist.

Every Tory home secretary has made a big deal about dropping legal migration. And every chancellor of the exchequer has told them to shut the fuck up and sit down. Osbourne and May had a helluva todo about it. The economy always wins over blinkered nonsense. Or has in the past, at least. The New Torys are much more "fuck business".

This is the illustration that accompanied Braverman's latest rant in the Telegraph:

View attachment 401400

Apparently acting in accordance with law is 'red tape' now?

Back
Top Bottom