Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suella Braverman's time is up.

Yep, a new seat. The local tories had a choice of candidate from two MPs for localish constituencies being abolished, Flick Drummond and Cruella. They chose Cruella, which says something about the local tories.

I don't know a lot about Flick Drummond, but she has now got the new Winchester and Meon Valley gig, after current Winchester MP (and junior health minister), Steve Brine, got himself a better job lined up, advising private health companies, and announced he was standing down at the next GE.

Meow.

What a cunt.

Batshit insane but clearly setting out an alternative agenda for the time when little Rishi, the lone Tory king, gets fed up being chased around the political chessboard by Shur Kieth's plastic knights and rooks, and resigns.

If the public had supported a removal of me from political office by a margin of +53 then I might take time to reflect quietly and try to work out why I was so disliked and unpopular. However Suella was made in the same factory as Truss; completely deranged and with an ability to mute everyone else in favour of her own version of reality.

It would be conforting to think we've heard the last of her but sadly, I fear not.

Batshit insane but clearly setting out an alternative agenda for the time when little Rishi, the lone Tory king, gets fed up being chased around the political chessboard by Shur Kieth's plastic knights and rooks, and resigns.

If the public had supported a removal of me from political office by a margin of +53 then I might take time to reflect quietly and try to work out why I was so disliked and unpopular. However Suella was made in the same factory as Truss; completely deranged and with an ability to mute everyone else in favour of her own version of reality.

It would be conforting to think we've heard the last of her but sadly, I fear not.
Truss vs Braverman in the next Tory leadership election?

jesus look at the current state of India

run by trump like figure with his own Hitler youth organization

very right wing and nationalist atm

not just a white mans game anymore

i'm not a psychologist, but think there's something in that - have noticed similar with gay tories (yes there are some)

There are many in my experience. Appaling as it was, looking back, section 28 struck me as a massive opportunity for gay tories to shout about just how gay they weren't, honest.

Same with weed smoking tories. I used to do a regular national radio phone in show with a cross-spectrum of political parties represented. The tory was always superbly good at it, always jumping in with a point and generally dominating the debate. Eventually I got to know them on the side, and they confessed they did the phone in after getting back from the pub utterly wasted, then lying on the floor smoking a spliff whilst on air. All whilst avowing the importance of enforcing the drug laws.

Other tories I've known have been less measured in their approach to public life.

Back
Top Bottom