Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suella Braverman's time is up.

Just catching up so apologies if this has already been covered, but just occurred to me: just what does Cameron get out of returning?

Well, aside from a fucking lordship, I guess :facepalm:

Just feels like, given everything, quietly being forgotten about was probably quite a good life for him. Now he's returning in a... 'constitutionally controversial' move, on a ship that isn't so much sinking as actively drowning, and he's now probably going to be associated with that.

Are there things he can set up/position himself for in whatever time he has as Foreign Sec?

It's like Alan Shearer coming in to try and rescue Newcastle from relegation that time.

Just catching up so apologies if this has already been covered, but just occurred to me: just what does Cameron get out of returning?

Just feels like, given everything, quietly being forgotten about was probably quite a good life for him. Now he's returning in a... 'constitutionally controversial' move, on a ship that isn't so much sinking as actively drowning, and he's now probably going to be associated with that.

Are there things he can set up/position himself for in whatever time he has as Foreign Sec?

It's like Alan Shearer coming in to try and rescue Newcastle from relegation that time.

It’s not really that controversial is it. Constitutionally speaking. Constitutionally, it is roll a 2-D6+44 charisma +5 for desperate times. I mean it’s basically just magical realism. I the constitution Lords ladies kings and Queens. The whole fucking thing is nonsense. But it has internal logic. No one gives a shit about that really. A couple of guardian articles or whatever. Some red wall Brexit maniacs get upset but you know fuck those guys. Oh wait we give you an anti-woke tsah.

Bravewoman gone. I'm shocked. Criticising the pigs was too much for the Tories. The Guardian will have to whine about someone else who doesn't agree with the Guardian.

He's claimed he believes in public service and tbh I have no problem taking him at his word on that, by his lights and given his upbringing I'm sure he thinks that's what he's doing. Of course, he'll be servicing the public in much the same way as he services pork offcuts.

Who’s this dopey balsack?
Who is Dopey Ballsack? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Ballsack. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the idiot ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone.

It’s therefore quite important to have someone at the FCO who can do the basics of diplomatic hobnobbing without pointlessly making enemies and to whom boring meetings with the PM’s counterparts in lesser countries can be delegated without causing offence - more so than worrying about an election which is already lost. So Cameron as an international safe pair of hands with a modicum of star power outweighs Cameron the slightly tainted remainer and Greensill shill.
"Slightly tainted"? :D

This is the same Cameron who:
  • Is largely responsible for the current refugee crisis after going hard for a pointless war with Libya.
  • Pissed off the yanks (not just Obama) by shitting the bed over Farage's seeming popularity, running the brexit referendum and then losing it. Thus losing them their most pliant voice/"greatest influence peddler" at the EU 'top table'.
  • Pissed off every EU leader for (see above)
...not to mention all of the toxic crap he set in train at home during his execrable tenure. This will in all likelihood be seen overseas by the people he has to deal with as the product of a government that has run out of ideas and is rapidly running out of road. He will be treated with margnally more respect than BoJo the clown, and that's hardly a high bar to overcome.

It will certainly be interesting to see how he deals with North African leaders as Foreign Secretary...

It’s not really that controversial is it. Constitutionally speaking. Constitutionally, it is roll a 2-D6+44 charisma +5 for desperate times. I mean it’s basically just magical realism. I the constitution Lords ladies kings and Queens. The whole fucking thing is nonsense. But it has internal logic. No one gives a shit about that really. A couple of guardian articles or whatever. Some red wall Brexit maniacs get upset but you know fuck those guys. Oh wait we give you an anti-woke tsah.
Yeah, but at least they're rolling with disadvantage...
Bravewoman gone. I'm shocked. Criticising the pigs was too much for the Tories. The Guardian will have to whine about someone else who doesn't agree with the Guardian.
LOL

"Slightly tainted"? :D

This is the same Cameron who:
  • Is largely responsible for the current refugee crisis after going hard for a pointless war with Libya.
  • Pissed off the yanks (not just Obama) by shitting the bed over Farage's seeming popularity, running the brexit referendum and then losing it. Thus losing them their most pliant voice/"greatest influence peddler" at the EU 'top table'.
  • Pissed off every EU leader for (see above)
...not to mention all of the toxic crap he set in train at home during his execrable tenure. This will in all likelihood be seen overseas by the people he has to deal with as the product of a government that has run out of ideas and is rapidly running out of road. He will be treated with margnally more respect than BoJo the clown, and that's hardly a high bar to overcome.

It will certainly be interesting to see how he deals with North African leaders as Foreign Secretary...

Yeah, but at least they're rolling with disadvantage...

LOL
I believe you are talking to someone who described the austerity measures that murdered 140,000+ people as a gentle trimming of the fat of the welfare state.

Back
Top Bottom