Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suella Braverman's time is up.

I'm so confused about McVey's new job. She's Minister without Portfolio, and has been described as the "common sense tsar" leading "anti woke efforts".

I don't know what any of those things mean. Like I know what they think it sounds like, but what will she actually do day to day? Tell people they need to wear a coat, and have a go at trans people? :confused:

“Rishi’s Machiavellian involvement in getting rid of our democratically elected leader Boris Johnson, who bravely fought for Brexit when parliament was in deadlock.’

Er, what? His involvement in getting rid of Bozo… is what? This is just rambling nonsense.
I know the tories aren't keen on woke pronouns, but her refusal to give "Jewish community" a definite article takes things to a whole new level.

I'm so confused about McVey's new job. She's Minister without Portfolio, and has been described as the "common sense tsar" leading "anti woke efforts".

I don't know what any of those things mean. Like I know what they think it sounds like, but what will she actually do day to day? Tell people they need to wear a coat, and have a go at trans people? :confused:

'The Performative Outrage' tsar. She won't be putting out any policies seeing as they can't even say what woke is.

AND telling them they need to take it off when they go inside* or they won't feel the benefit when they go back out again.

(*Although given the rising cost of fuel, this may no longer be the case.)

She has the licence to say the sort of shit SB was saying and as she’s from the north, the thinking is that she will probably save 10 red wall seats while doing so?

Mrs Q has expressed her displeasure that Penny Mordaunt was not in the list when asked why she told me that Penny has great fashion sense.
I pointed out that wasn't really a good reason for picking political leadership.
Mrs Q asked what was then because whatever reason they're using is clearly turning up nothing but complete duds.
I have to confess I was unable to answer that question.

The whole House is infested with mediocre (at best) dross.

This is sadly not a new thing. About 20 years ago I ended up spending a lot of time around Westminster, both in government departments and in both houses (well, more often the bars of the houses tbf...). I'd always wanted to be an MP, ever since the age of about four. The more I got to know MPs and people around Westminster, the more that feeling died. After a few years of that work, the feeling had gone completely, and I chose a whole new career path. Never regretted it either.

This is sadly not a new thing. About 20 years ago I ended up spending a lot of time around Westminster, both in government departments and in both houses (well, more often the bars of the houses tbf...). I'd always wanted to be an MP, ever since the age of about four. The more I got to know MPs and people around Westminster, the more that feeling died. After a few years of that work, the feeling had gone completely, and I chose a whole new career path. Never regretted it either.
I worked in the office of an MP for a while. He was hard working, an ex-Councillor so knew the beat, popular, all the positives. Then I met some of the others. Total opposite, to the point of cliché "bad guys". The latter utterly swamp the former, you can be a good person in politics but you'd be a dust mite on a tiger's back.

I worked in the office of an MP for a while. He was hard working, an ex-Councillor so knew the beat, popular, all the positives. Then I met some of the others. Total opposite, to the point of cliché "bad guys". The latter utterly swamp the former, you can be a good person in politics but you'd be a dust mite on a tiger's back.
Can you elaborate? Were the others in the office?
Were they part of the problem (as your anecdote indicates) or elsewhere?
Where were you at the time of the crime?

Back
Top Bottom