Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suella Braverman's time is up.

i suspect that the ejection of braverman will end one chapter in forthcoming books about this chaotic administration and cameron's return will begin another. this peculiar decision seems to me to highlight the utter bankruptcy of sunak's government and the period of warfare within the conservative party that the departure of the former and the return of the latter will be put previous discontent within the party in the shade.

That's more like it.

I think we're all veterans of watching politics on this forum and I'm not sure I've ever seen anything as desperate as bringing back an ex-MP who isn't even in the Lords as a Cabinet member.

This appointment is solely about Sunak popcorning the right-wing in the same way that they've popcorned everyone else, a decision deliberately made to wind them up.

According to various sources online, its only a convention that a minister is a peer or MP; what they have to be is a member of the Privy Council (the Cabinet is technically a committee of the PC).
which you get to be by, the monarch agreeing to the PM's recommendation.

F-zk5wGWQAAbjUf

I don't really understand all the 'big call' stuff. No one really cares apart from other Tories do they? Doubt even 1pc of the country knew who the foreign secretary was.

I thought you automatically got in the PC as an ex-PM. Just checking to see if Truss is , apparently yes she is.

you get it by being in the Cabinet or potentially being part of it - Corbs got his after being appointed leader of the opposition, IIRC

I had thought that Thatcher had appointed someone from the HoL to a reasonably senior position and so it was. Lord Carrington, also foreign sec for her first three years. Since the, a couple of Attorney Generals and some relatively minor cabinet positions.

I had thought that Thatcher had appointed someone from the HoL to a reasonably senior position and so it was. Lord Carrington, also foreign sec for her first three years. Since the, a couple of Attorney Generals and some relatively minor cabinet positions.

Lord Mandelson was business sec in 2008.

Back
Top Bottom