Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suella Braverman's time is up.

thank you for your information. but there is NO WAY on god's green earth that the parliamentary conservative party would say let's have the arch-remainer and pig-fucker a) elevated to the house of lords and/or b) made foreign secretary. there'd be uproar in the 1922 committee and the conservative party more generally.

I agree it would be, err, 'interesting', but considering the chaos of the last few years, I personally wouldn't bet on it not happening.

thank you for your information. but there is NO WAY on god's green earth that the parliamentary conservative party would say let's have the arch-remainer and pig-fucker a) elevated to the house of lords and/or b) made foreign secretary. there'd be uproar in the 1922 committee and the conservative party more generally.

It would certainly be an unusual and controversial move, but the fact that it appears to be being considered (or else what is Cameron doing in Downing Street?) suggests Sunak is pretty desperate.

Cleverly's just been confirmed as HS, so let's see who gets his old job

It would certainly be an unusual and controversial move, but the fact that it appears to be being considered (or else what is Cameron doing in Downing Street?) suggests Sunak is pretty desperate.

nigel farage and boris johnson to name but two would have a field day over cameron's bumping up to the lords

I hope it isn't Cameron, but the idea of a peer as Foreign Secretary has a lot of merit to it provided that it goes to the senior (civil service) diplomat at the Foreign Office.

It would depoliticize the role, as well as meaning that utter nonentities of the kind we have seen infest the office in recent decades wouldn't occupy it, and it would provide some continuity between governments.

Just giving advice. :thumbs:

I hope it isn't Cameron, but the idea of a peer as Foreign Secretary has a lot of merit to it provided that it goes to the senior (civil service) diplomat at the Foreign Office.

It would depoliticize the role, as well as meaning that utter nonentities of the kind we have seen infest the office in recent decades wouldn't occupy it, and it would provide some continuity between governments.
It won’t be Cameron. Let people have their fun

Back
Top Bottom