Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suarez gets 8 match ban

From LFC statement .....my best mate etc etc

Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black. He has played with black players and mixed with their families whilst with the Uruguay national side and was Captain at Ajax Amsterdam of a team with a proud multi-cultural profile, many of whom became good friends. It seems incredible to us that a player of mixed heritage should be accused and found guilty in the way he has based on the evidence presented.
Liverpool have behaved absolutely shamelessly. Would a degree of caution rather than acting like Suarez is a victim not be in order. He's missing a few football matches not being strung up ffs.

It's not exactly news that libel and defamation laws in this country are pretty fucked. The Simon Singh case is not that long ago.
Bu the effective laws are not about saying something false about someone. The threshold to be libel is much higher than being untrue.

And you're a moron. It's true, because I say so.
Lol ok I will not say all of latin america. I will keep it down to Colombia and Venezuela. Still I do stick to my claim that these two countries are more racist than the UK(from my own experience).

Bu the effective laws are not about saying something false about someone. The threshold to be libel is much higher than being untrue.

It has to be untrue and having a negative effect on them AFAIK. Alleging that Evra is an unreliable witness in matters pertaining to his profession would surely count as libel then? I admit to being unsure of how the law (which seems very vaguely worded) is actually applied.

If his grandfather was black then surely one of his parents must be mixed race too? Strange that this has not come to light earlier and was not used in his defence.

If his grandfather was black then surely one of his parents must be mixed race too? Strange that this has not come to light earlier and was not used in his defence.

if his grandfather was/is black, then suarez is mixed race too. it doesn't peter out two generations down.

Well stop saying he can use that in his defence. "I racially abused evra, but my grandad was black so I ain't really"
I said that I am surprised that he did not, Liverpool seemed to have tried to use everything else, if it is even true.

if his grandfather was/is black, then suarez is mixed race too. it doesn't peter out two generations down.
No it doesn't, but some would come to consider themselves to be white because of the colour of there skin, I have known people who claimed to be black and others who claimed to be white, I know a fella who was brought to court for enforcing a colour bar at a club he worked the door of and was found not guilty because he used his racial background as evidence in court and was found not guilty.

Back
Top Bottom