Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suarez gets 8 match ban

Can I just ask, given evra's track record, why are people so sure he's telling the truth this time?. Should the fa have taken his statement as fact?
I thought that you read the report? They did not take Evra's word as fact, as you will know, IF YOU READ THE REPORT.

I think a lot of fans would have been quicker to climb down hadn't it been for muppets like yourself.

Always someone else to blame isn't it? Fuck sake you lot are fucking pathetic.... On top of the kind of individuals who defend their players spouting racial abuse and claim it's all a fit up... Like one big collective of Kenneth Williams'

There's no whatever though, they've taken evra's version of what was said as fact - could he have not been bullshitting too?

Maybe they could they have asked an independent panel to review the evidence, interrogate the parties to the row, examine witness testimony and call for independent expert advice. They they should have deliberated on what they've seen and been presented with and then reached an informed verdict. I wonder what such a process might result in?

There's no whatever though, they've taken evra's version of what was said as fact - could he have not been bullshitting too?
You might not like it, but this is how courts work. A very important factor in judgements is the relative credibility of witnesses. Everything Evra said was consistent with the video evidence. Many of the things Suarez said were not, and Suarez also did himself no favours whatever with his idiotic 'I was just being friendly' defence. IMO, the likelihood is that Suarez is guilty as sin. There are certainly no grounds for appeal as far as I can see, and I see precious little room to defend him now. Give it up.

Maybe they could they have asked an independent panel to review the evidence, interrogate the parties to the row, examine witness testimony and call for independent expert advice. They they should have deliberated on what they've seen and been presented with and then reached an informed verdict. I wonder what such a process might result in?
Them taking one guy's word over another?

You really have no idea of how much of a mug you've made yourself look do you? How can we judge from the evidence, from the witness testimony, from the players testimony,from the videos, from the expert opinion - how can we judge?

Can't be arsed to re-read everything... Are you still saying Suarez is innocent???
I'm saying that they've taken evra's word on what happened and given that he's a known bullshitter I have a problem with that, other people don't seem to

I'm saying that they've taken evra's word on what happened and given that he's a known bullshitter I have a problem with that, other people don't seem to
If the guilty verdict was based only on Evra's word you might have a point, but you know all ready that there was a lot more to it, and continuing to refer to Evra as a bullshitter when you know that both Comolli and Suarez have both been caught out lying makes you out to be a liar as well.

ME: You are seriously suggesting that reading the report has made you more favourable to Suarez??!! Wow, fucking wow.
SK: It has, because they took Evra's word on the majority of what happened.

I don't see how they can appeal. When you appeal, you have to present some kind of a case to say that the initial judgement was not fair. I can't see any case at all.

They cannot appeal the judgment only the punishment. Of course, in arguing for a lesser punishment they'll have to offer similar arguments as they would if appealing the verdict.

They cannot appeal the judgment only the punishment. Of course, in arguing for a lesser punishment they'll have to offer similar arguments as they would if appealing the verdict.

Because King Kunt will cwy that they believed Evra and not Suarez, that's just sooooo unfair. He'll then stamp his feet, scweam a bit and go home and tell the club and players it's just so unfair.

You might not like it, but this is how courts work. A very important factor in judgements is the relative credibility of witnesses. Everything Evra said was consistent with the video evidence. Many of the things Suarez said were not, and Suarez also did himself no favours whatever with his idiotic 'I was just being friendly' defence. IMO, the likelihood is that Suarez is guilty as sin. There are certainly no grounds for appeal as far as I can see, and I see precious little room to defend him now. Give it up.

I agree with that. I've seen alot of Liverpool fans supporting Suarez just because they're Liverpool fans, which is plain silly, if the courts have decided that he's definitely done something wrong. It'll be damaging to the club if people don't just move on from this and accept what's happened.

I know, and I didn't say it made him even more innocent, did I?
You said that you think he's been 'fitted up' - it follows that you therefore think he's innocent. If the report has made you even more favourable then it logically follows that you're now even more convinced of his innocence.

You're shit at this.

Back
Top Bottom