Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Suarez gets 8 match ban

You said that you think he's been 'fitted up' - it follows that you therefore think he's innocent. If the report has made you even more favourable then it logically follows that you're now even more convinced of his innocence.
Can you not suppose what should "follow", and reply to what I post. You do that a lot

Having read the report - okay skimmed parts and read others - I revise my stance. Clearly the linguistics have been thoroughly reviewed by multiple people and even the FA highlights the use of "negrito" and "negro" within S. American countries has a different tilt than it would as a direct translation into English.

However it's clear Suarez repeatedly used insulting lanugage directly related to Evra's skin colour. Supporting evidence was at best dodgy and at worst contradictory (Kuyt's statement). He honestly thought pinching Evra's skin was going to diffuse the situation? TBH I think the ban is correct and Liverpool should accept it and move on.

Having read the report - okay skimmed parts and read others - I revise my stance. Clearly the linguistics have been thoroughly reviewed by multiple people and even the FA highlights the use of "negrito" and "negro" within S. American countries has a different tilt than it would as a direct translation into English.

However it's clear Suarez repeatedly used insulting lanugage directly related to Evra's skin colour. Supporting evidence was at best dodgy and at worst contradictory (Kuyt's statement). He honestly thought pinching Evra's skin was going to diffuse the situation? TBH I think the ban is correct and Liverpool should accept it and move on.

This expresses the sentiments of the majority of Liverpool fans I expect.

I'm not getting into an argument on what you suppose by my posts.
You don't have to. You actually typed out what i said. That suarez was fitted up (i.e innocent) and that the report made you more favorable to his claim. It's there.

Unless of course you believed a guilty man was being fitted up and more favorable means more inclined to believe in his guilt?

I'm not sure, no. The fitted up part is because they relied on evras statement as to what went on, given his unrealiability in the past

And yet that statement was backed up by the evidence more than Luis "pass the ball, blackie" Suarez's was.

I'm not sure, no. The fitted up part is because they relied on evras statement as to what went on, given his unrealiability in the past
I'm tempted to ask why you believe the FA's previous findings on the unreliability of Evra, but not the current panel's findings of unreliability with regard to Suarez. However I think you'd better spend your time finding the fire escape from this thread. Anything really, but just stop.

I'm tempted to ask why you believe the FA's previous findings on the unreliability of Evra, but not the current panel's findings of unreliability with regard to Suarez. However I think you'd better spend your time finding the fire escape from this thread. Anything really, but just stop.
Because the fa and evra were bringing the charges I feel that the burden of proof is on them

It was. The case that was brought was proven to the civil law standard.

If you think, after all this, Suarez had to prove he didn't make racist remarks, you're really not getting this. Actually, atm you're not demonstrating an understanding of the general principles of law.

Sleater, if you admit you are doing this as some kind of performance art, we can all have a good old laugh (pat you on the head, pinch your skin, y'know the kind of thing). Otherwise, why on earth are you doing this? :D

It was. The case that was brought was proven to the civil law standard.

If you think, after all this, Suarez had to prove he didn't make racist remarks, you're really not getting this. Actually, atm you're not demonstrating an understanding of the general principles of law.
I know, and I think a case as big as this shouldn't rest on a balance of probabilites.

too watch the football. Also, in a perverse way, I'm interested to see the general reaction to Suarez if he's playing (is he?) now the verdict has been delivered.

Thanks - I am aware of these 'Sky-free' ways - these funny websites that you find before the match - can be a bit blocky though - do you know other ways too? pls pm me if so! - ta v much :)

The Effra shows footy?

The Hand In Hand is also good and near us, but it still smells a bit of wee.

The Effra is where I go, it's a good place to watch.

Lime and soda with ice in a pint glass is a nice refreshing pub drink.....

too watch the football. Also, in a perverse way, I'm interested to see the general reaction to Suarez if he's playing (is he?) now the verdict has been delivered.

Thanks - I am aware of these 'Sky-free' ways - these funny websites that you find before the match - can be a bit blocky though - do you know other ways too? pls pm me if so! - ta v much :)

That's the one - there are some good ones usually especially for a big game.

The reaction will be that he gets booed a lot tbh, but that would be likely to happen anyway.

The Hand In Hand is also good and near us, but it still smells a bit of wee.

Not any more it doesn't! :)

Hand does have the full footy programme though, Sky and foreign satelite channels. £3.30 minimum spend per half though. Too many people were going in there and making a glass of coke or a Red Bull last 2 hours.

Actually, as an MU fan, I'm hoping Suarez goes out in a blaze of glory and puts 3 past citeh. :oops: Come on Louis!

Always someone else to blame isn't it? Fuck sake you lot are fucking pathetic.... On top of the kind of individuals who defend their players spouting racial abuse and claim it's all a fit up... Like one big collective of Kenneth Williams'

You know the difference between explanation and justification don't you? Being willing to suspend judgment and so implicitly support our player until available evidence suggests otherwise doesn't make me any more of a cunt than you.

Back
Top Bottom