Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Strike!

They are upping the rhetorical ante in the face of absolutely solid industrial action.

They are also ignoring the fact that they cannot meet their contractual obligations re. universal service provision with current staffing levels.

CWU will continue to defend our terms and conditions, defend everybody's Royal Mail and develop the services for the future.

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Royal Mail also said it expects its full-year losses to hit £350m.

It said this included "the direct impact of eight days of industrial action"
Every time they make such a big deal of the financial impact (and others) of strikes, but never make the connection that that's the value their workers provide.

Well, they probably do, they just don't want to make that connection publicly...

Every time they make such a big deal of the financial impact (and others) of strikes, but never make the connection that that's the value their workers provide.

Well, they probably do, they just don't want to make that connection publicly...
I don't think they do. I think they lie to themselves about it and a lot of the marketing and PR is to convince themselves rather than convince everyone else. There might be a couple people mixed in who understand but they'll be lying to themselves about other things, like the amount of agency they have over the situation and stuff like that.

CWU live on YouTube/Facebook/Twitter this afternoon at 4.30. Request is that as many people as possible join in and publicise as widely as possible; non CWU members warmly welcome....spread the word!

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

Drone footage of the Polyflor strikers rally thing:

With Billy Bragg soundtrack, so best watched on silent.
Donations to their hardship fund at:

Outsourced health workers organised in ùnisôn striking against OCS have won:

Also, just found out that uNiSoN members are striking at the National Coal Mining Museum - write your own punchlines for that one:

Also, new RMT strike date announcements, it sounds like November 3rd and 5th are not going to be good days to travel:

UCU ballot doesn't close till tomorrow, but I've heard through the grapevine that they've booked a press conference through Monday and sent out a survey asking people when they want to take action. So it sounds like they're feeling pretty confident at the moment.

More Deliveroo/Uber Eats/Just Eat wildcats in Leeds and Derby:

Unite members at Uni of Glasgow now have a mandate:

UCU result won't be formally announced till Monday but it looks to me like they're getting ready to announce a successful vote.

Back
Top Bottom