Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Streatham news, rumours and general chat

Streatham has its first vegan restaurant (well, takeaway to be more precise). It's at 3A Mitcham Lane, just off the High Road opposite St Leonard's church. Opened a couple of weeks ago.

This news is so hot that their website hasn't been updated yet but you can download a menu at: Vegan Express – Your choice for health

That's where I'll be going if I'm too lazy or pissed to cook for myself.

EDIT: Looks a bit pricey though.

Streatham has its first vegan restaurant (well, takeaway to be more precise). It's at 3A Mitcham Lane, just off the High Road opposite St Leonard's church. Opened a couple of weeks ago.

This news is so hot that their website hasn't been updated yet but you can download a menu at: Vegan Express – Your choice for health

Blimey yes. Cheapest burger with chips £12, cocktails £9.50. Brixton prices!

http://www.veganexpress.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/VE-main-menu.pdf

Any ideas of good places to eat in Streatham
about 4.30 on a week day? Last time we tried Adomme we weren’t impressed ?!

Any ideas of good places to eat in Streatham
about 4.30 on a week day? Last time we tried Adomme we weren’t impressed ?!
If you want to stay Italian then Bravi Ragazzi or Italian Bistro (formerly Azzurri). Perfect Blend has good burgers. The new Chalkpit place is good but not the cheapest, but be aware that the food comes in 2/3 portion sizes (as does the beer), so order accordingly. I was disappointed by Bar 61.

If you want to stay Italian then Bravi Ragazzi or Italian Bistro (formerly Azzurri). Perfect Blend has good burgers. The new Chalkpit place is good but not the cheapest, but be aware that the food comes in 2/3 portion sizes (as does the beer), so order accordingly. I was disappointed by Bar 61.
Thanks I’d forgotten Bravi Ragazzi never been but heard good things so will try there.

The Manor Arms has been bought by Young's. In fact the whole Redcomb chain has been bought by them, so that includes the Cherry Tree in Dulwich.

They apparently don't want to change much in the Manor but I bet prices go up. And I bet they stop the £10 after 4pm Sunday lunches.

This place has changed hands a few times IIRC. Not been down there for a couple of years.

They do / did a great Sunday lunch down there a few years back...very pricey...mind you it was great quality, non of that heat up the microwave type affair...it was freshly done, well it was on the two occasions I had it.

Christ....very expensive...

I'll give it a go at some point though....

Video on twitter just now of a flipped car blocking southbound lane of the High Street, by Edith Cavill Surgery. Not sure if anyone hurt

Video on twitter just now of a flipped car blocking southbound lane of the High Street, by Edith Cavill Surgery. Not sure if anyone hurt
The traffic update says no one was hurt. And that it was a two-vehicle incident. Pretty spectacular damage. The road people were out repairing the road behind the upturned vehicle, and part of the central reservation is demolished. No idea what happened but I find it hard to imagine flipping a big heavy BMW 4x4 at 30mph.

At the Chalkpit. Seems ok and about 40% full.

Beer is ok but as said elsewhere, pricey

It's alright. Food portions are small for the price, but tasty. It is expensive.

One member of staff was a bit of pompous prat, but the rest were good.

Streatham Twitter is following an incident in the JD Sport by CEX/opposite the Odeon. All rumours so far but someone has mentioned acid attack. No confirmation but someone said the manager had something thrown in his face by someone caught stealing

Are there public toilets on the Common? My friend says there are and they're by the playground. I don't recall seeing them, but I tend to be further up the Common when I'm there.

Are there public toilets on the Common? My friend says there are and they're by the playground. I don't recall seeing them, but I tend to be further up the Common when I'm there.
By the Rookery Cafe as I recall (you can see them in the picture on the Rookery Cafe homepage). But I can't guarantee that they are open. Imagine they would be if next to the cafe.

YMMV, but I think £10 for 10 hours including 3 bands and the profits going to upkeep seems reasonable.

Anyone know if you can buy tickets on the day? It clashes with Pride, so will have to see what time we get back from the march

I've gone off Owen Jones lately. He used to be from the liberal gay wing of the Labour party.
Now he seems to be an apologist for anything Corbynite. He is getting to the point where he prefers Kate Hoey to Chuka - which IMHO is ridiculous.
His analysis has always been shallow. I don’t think he’s very very well-informed, but he does have “passion”. I reckon he needs to go and do a proper job for ten years and he’ll come back brilliantly.

The refurbished Woodfield Pavilion on Tooting Bec Common is re-opening tomorrow. All sorts of activities are taking place... music from a steel orchestra, a local history talk, another talk on local medicinal plants, some ukulele gubbins, yoga, archery, vegan grub for sale, locally made honey for sale, an exhibition by local artists etc. etc. Many of the activities are free. More info on the link.

GRAND OPENING

Back
Top Bottom