Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Should there be a second referendum? New question.

Should there be a second referendum?

• No. I'm a remainer.

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • No. I'm a leaver.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • Yes. I'm a remainer.

Votes: 49 52.7%
  • Yes. I'm a leaver.

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
The real people's vote would be: the ruling class, shoot them or string them up?

In the event of a tie we can go for the Mussolini option.
You seem to overlook the fact that the ruling classes (or at least the monied classes) would be able to purchase mercenary support that could kick the fuck out of the current British Army.

You seem to overlook the fact that the ruling classes (or at least the monied classes) would be able to purchase mercenary support that could kick the fuck out of the current British Army.

Do you see the Army turning on the ruling classes in the short to medium term or is this a more speculative post...?

Indeed. It is new information though.

Are you saying this new opinion poll (which looks broadly like the pre-referendum opinion polls) is new information? Or that this new opinion poll is based on how people do polls now that they have new information (ie. just the same as before)?

Are you saying this new opinion poll (which looks broadly like the pre-referendum opinion polls) is new information? Or that this new opinion poll is based on how people do polls now that they have new information (ie. just the same as before)?

New as in recent. :rolleyes:

Is there a possible majority in the HoC for a second referendum if the Labour leadership got behind it? Some indications that there aren't enough Labour MP's to back it on a free vote.

I'd say no fwiw. There's a good few Labour MPs who wouldn't vote for a second ref regardless, far more than the 10 or so tories who would.

3 months before the last vote there were polls showing a remain lead of up to 18%, and other polls showing a leave lead of up to 4%.

No polls are reliable, very true that, but the only predictor of any future (and theoretical!) poll that's worse than a current poll, is the pre-vote polls, and results, from last time -- nearly three years ago now!

Next time, if it happens, it'll all be about the questions on offer, and the turnout, as well as the campaign obviously. But differential turnout can be a big thing in any election or referendum ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom