Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shots fired outside Houses of Parliament

May is truly horrible but it is amazing that corbyn appears even worse. He was terrible.
Just heard a clip of Corbyn. No way of knowing the full extent of what he said, but in the bit shown he said all the right things about 'everybody being safe, inside parliament and out'. What he said was fine, but to be honest he sounded dreadful. He actually looked quite upset.

By contrast, that cunt shapps on at the moment. He's fucking loving it. Utter scum.

Just heard a clip of Corbyn. No way of knowing the full extent of what he said, but in the bit shown he said all the right things about 'everybody being safe, inside parliament and out'. What he said was fine, but to be honest he sounded dreadful. He actually looked quite upset.

By contrast, that cunt shapps on at the moment. He's fucking loving it. Utter scum.
You know the arsehole journo that gets decked at the end of the first two die hards... That's Grant Shapps that is

He got a fair distance from the crash to an entrance didn't he? usually plod with guns at the entrances or near by when I've been past

I generally don't give a fig for the law. I do, however, give many many figs for decency, compassion, ethics, morality...

When the Glasgow bin lorry incident happened a few years ago, one of the Scottish papers quickly published online some graphic eye-witness testimony (words, no pics) about the utterly horrific last moments of one of the victims. A relative or friend quickly looking up stuff to find out what the fuck had just happened in Glasgow would likely have read that (because it was one of the top news results - that's how I came to read it), and who the victim was became absolutely clear once the names and pictures were released.

Reactions: CRI
It's a funny thing isn't it. I think most of us will 'happily' (for want of a better word) watch mobile phone footage of a major news event shot by witnesses. Not necessarily gory of course, but one that shows the heat of the moment. And yet, I can't help thinking you'd have to be a bit of a wrong'un to be filming casualties on the ground or people in panic/distress, even if it didn't show any graphic details.

I'd certainly would like to think I'd never consider getting my phone out and start filming if I got caught up in such situation. And yet I feel guilty by being grateful (again, for want of a better word) that others did just that, especially if theirs was the only footage available of that particular aspect of the incident.
A photographer friend of mine was caught up in the Brixton nail bomb. He didn't take any pictures and went to help the injured people. Pretty sure I'd do the same. That said, sometimes these things need to be documented. It's a tricky balance.

Not sure where you draw the line with this tbh. That photo of Alan the poor little refugee lad dead on a beach prompted similar comments here initially. ''I don't want to see that on my FB page'' etc. But I think that photo started to change people's minds about the refugee crisis and ultimately did a lot of good. Can't see any of the photos mentioned above having a similar impact tbh but the photographer who took Alan's photo may have appeared incredibly callous at the time too.
Yep. It's a tough call. I can't imagine some of the horror pics some war photographers have taken and never used.

When the Glasgow bin lorry incident happened a few years ago, one of the Scottish papers quickly published online some graphic eye-witness testimony (words, no pics) about the utterly horrific last moments of one of the victims. A relative or friend quickly looking up stuff to find out what the fuck had just happened in Glasgow would likely have read that (because it was one of the top news results - that's how I came to read it), and who the victim was became absolutely clear once the names and pictures were released.
That's so sad and unnecessary that it does make me quite angry. That's traumatising for relatives, it seems so cruel to me.
And it's one of the reasons that I find this practise so repugnant

Back
Top Bottom