Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Shooting in Prague, Thurs 21st Dec 2023

A few years ago, there was a case of a man caught planning a mass shooting on the Prague metro. In preparation, to test his own ability to kill, he shot two people who were out picking mushrooms in the forest. Police caught him after this.

While checking the news this afternoon, I came across this current article: Manhunt continues after double murder in Prague forest. Fucking horrible all round, whatever.

Guns are licensed here, but something like 300,000 people (of a population of 10.5 million) have licences.

How awful.... yes countries in the region so have some fun ownership, usually for hunting reasons. I've certainly seen the occasional gun shop in neighbouring Slovakia.

University student 'inspired' by similar shootings abroad - President of Czech police

I wonder how they know that so quickly, seeing as he's dead. But they do. No terrorist angle.

University student 'inspired' by similar shootings abroad - President of Czech police

I wonder how they know that so quickly, seeing as he's dead. But they do. No terrorist angle.
Saying on the news that they were already trying to catch him when he started shooting, knew his dad was dead and knew he was heading to the university. They had already evacuated one building.

‘No terrorist angle’ just means it’s a white guy. Already seeing people say it was a mentally ill guy which is another excuse used to mask far right/gun nut problems.

DY0EFoEVMAA2TnP.jpg

‘No terrorist angle’ just means it’s a white guy. Already seeing people say it was a mentally ill guy which is another excuse used to mask far right/gun nut problems.
He killed his dad, then a bunch of random people, then himself.

Kind of hints at mental health issues.

Could well be a bunch of other nasty stuff as well. They're not mutually exclusive.

it a common troupe across most media outlets

the fact that it not even been brought up hint massively to the shooter being white

Every report I've read this morning (BBC, Guardian, Independent) - none of them have mentioned mental illness. "Individual shooter with a large arsenal of weapons, inspired by similar incidents in Russia". Which kinda doesn't shy away from 'gun nut' (in your words) does it? His own (apparent) Telegram posts are the only thing that mention mental health. In one he claims

“I always wanted to kill. I thought I would be a maniac in the future,”

He seems inspired by a 14 year old Russian girl who opened fire on her classmates on 7 December and another similar incident in Kazan in 2021. He certainly had some big 'gun nut' weapons.

1703232292444.png

Every report I've read this morning (BBC, Guardian, Independent) - none of them have mentioned mental illness. "Individual shooter with a large arsenal of weapons, inspired by similar incidents in Russia". Which kinda doesn't shy away from 'gun nut' (in your words) does it? His own (apparent) Telegram posts are the only thing that mention mental health. In one he claims

“I always wanted to kill. I thought I would be a maniac in the future,”

He seems inspired by a 14 year old Russian girl who opened fire on her classmates on 7 December and another similar incident in Kazan in 2021. He certainly had some big 'gun nut' weapons.

View attachment 405329
nut is around right weapon has a short barrel but it's got a telescopic sight on it he extended the bipod but too excited to use it all the gear no idea !that's the problem with a semi automatic weapon you can put a lot of fire down in a short time bound to hit someone even if it wasn't who you were aiming at. . even in the states when a a passer by has drawn and killed the mass shooter the mass shooter has usually taken 2 or 3 with him! even when the shooter engaged in under a minute.

He seems inspired by a 14 year old Russian girl who opened fire on her classmates on 7 December

View attachment 405329
And yet people still talking about him, discussing his motivations, his mental health and posting awesome COD style photos of the cunt. The effect of mass
shooting spawning further mass shootings and how this is boosted by the way they're are reported is well documented. There is a short term window of approximately two weeks where copycats are most likely.

One simple piece of advice news organisation keep being given is don't start your report with sirens blaring. Clicked first video that came up on Google and guess what?

And yet people still talking about him, discussing his motivations, his mental health and posting awesome COD style photos of the cunt. The effect of mass
shooting spawning further mass shootings and how this is boosted by the way they're are reported is well documented. There is a short term window of approximately two weeks where copycats are most likely.

Students from the media and journalism faculty have written an open letter to the Czech press, condemning the manner in which they have been covering this. It's also clear that the authorities are not well practiced in dealing with such events from a media/PR perspective - contradictory statements from government and police, no unified message and so on. There have been two mass shootings in the past ten years or so, and no significant terrorism.

And now some piece of shit thinks it's a good idea to play with a dummy grenade on the metro: Police intervene in grenade scare...

Back
Top Bottom