Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russian Missile Tests Off Coast of Ireland

There's a French and German surface task group going out to keep watch on our friends, with USN, RAF, and French Navy MPA's along for the ride. I think I saw that one of the RN T45's might be going along as well.

Hands up, I haven't a clue what your getting at. :(

I mean that while aliens would surely be able to produce a transponder, they would have no need of a human-style one using our frequencies, and while they’d likely have some roughly equivalent tech there’s no reason to assume we could discern anything about it whatsoever with our radio equipment. :)

I mean that while aliens would surely be able to produce a transponder, they would have no need of a human-style one using our frequencies, and while they’d likely have some roughly equivalent tech there’s no reason to assume we could discern anything about it whatsoever with our radio equipment. :)
I would hope they have the intelligence to study us first rather than just blunder into the atmosphere and risk being intercepted by military jets or shot down by a missile rather than trying to disguise themselves.

I would hope they have the intelligence to study us first rather than just blunder into the atmosphere and risk being intercepted by military jets or shot down by a missile rather than trying to disguise themselves.

Yes, but we hadn’t reasoned that far before shooting down what accidentally turned out to be a Russian plane.

Yes, but we hadn’t reasoned that far before shooting down what accidentally turned out to be a Russian plane.
If they had their transponder on then there would be no need to intercept a Russian aircraft or to shoot it down not knowing what it is. :p

The Chief Executive Officer of the Irish South and West Fish Producers Organisation has said some of their members plan to peacefully disrupt Russia's plans to conduct a military exercise in waters off the Irish coast next month.

Up the rebels!! 👍😁🇮🇪

The Chief Executive Officer of the Irish South and West Fish Producers Organisation has said some of their members plan to peacefully disrupt Russia's plans to conduct a military exercise in waters off the Irish coast next month.

Up the rebels!! 👍😁🇮🇪

What could possibly go wrong?

is there any truth to the rumour that the ships doing the missle tests are directly above the main internet cables* between Ireland/UK and America?

*yeah I know I've made it sound like an ethernet cable running across the bottom of the ocean, but I've got a bad headcold

There is also the issue of the corrib gas field with terminal in bellinaboy, co mayo. It pipes gas to the network in Northern Ireland and is connected to UK gas grid. Only a small percentage of the gas produced is used in Ireland.

Also some of newer fiberoptic communications cables make land in Irelands west coast.

Also the two NATO grade runways in knock and Shannon. Shannon being capable of handling the largest cargo airplane in the world.

Also the data centres of Google, Facebook, and other large tech multinationals are housed in Ireland.. the internet basically..

So, yeah, it's just a military training exercise to spread the focus to the other end of Europe too...

Last edited:

Ok it's a rag of a paper but....it discusses the whole cable issue.

The underwater cables are not, in fact, the legal responsibility of the Irish navy service as they are legally the gardai's responsibility, under the 2004 Maritime Security Act, a role they are not believed to be capable of fulfilling.

That seems odd, I've now got an image in my head, of a couple of guards rowing out to meet the Russian navy. :D

There is also the issue of the corrib gas field with terminal in bellinaboy, co mayo. It pipes gas to the network in Northern Ireland and is connected to UK gas grid. Only a small percentage of the gas produced is used in Ireland.

Also some of newer fiberoptic communications cables make land in Irelands west coast.

Also the two NATO grade runways in knock and Shannon. Shannon being capable of handling the largest cargo airplane in the world.

Also the data centres of Google, Facebook, and other large tech multinationals are housed in Ireland.. the internet basically..

So, yeah, it's just a military training exercise to spread the focus to the other end of Europe too...

There's no doubt Ireland is an Achilles heel in Europe...

😳😟

There's no doubt Ireland is an Achilles heel in Europe...

😳😟
There is also no doubt that anyone could perceive Ireland as a neutral state given the US warplanes in Shannon and the arrangement to allow UK fighter jets access airspace.
The gas fields will be prized asset in the future.. energy is power in a geopolitical sense, and no governments are really confronting climate change and fossil fuel use..

Back
Top Bottom