Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russian Missile Tests Off Coast of Ireland

The Russian Ambassador doesn't look like he's going to tell ...

Screenshot_20230402_221509_Chrome.jpg

Cork South West TD Michael Collins said the Russian Ambassador Yury Filatov must explain what the ships are doing in Irish waters.

“Certainly, I think the Russian Ambassador should be called in to answer for these activities and to prove to Irish officials that this was just an issue of weather and them having no place to pull in for shelter,” he said.

“That is somewhat understandable but certainly what is not understandable is a non-proper explanation and what is not acceptable either is that Ireland can’t properly protect itself.”

Deputy Collins said Ireland has left itself vulnerable to Russian ships – with no suitable aircraft to monitor them.

On a serious note..

Threat​

Yesterday, security expert, Senator Tom Clonan told Newstalk that the ships are well-known to the Irish defence community.

He said one of them has a diving platform and is carrying deep-sea submersibles.

He warned that the undersea cables between Ireland and the US are “really, really critical pieces of infrastructure" that carry around one-third of the world’s online data.

On a serious note..

Threat​

Yesterday, security expert, Senator Tom Clonan told Newstalk that the ships are well-known to the Irish defence community.

He said one of them has a diving platform and is carrying deep-sea submersibles.

He warned that the undersea cables between Ireland and the US are “really, really critical pieces of infrastructure" that carry around one-third of the world’s online data.
And if Russia or someone cuts the cables, I wonder what will happen next

And if Russia or someone cuts the cables, I wonder what will happen next
The Americas will be cut off from Europe in terms of internet as far as I can gather... Its a transatlantic cable ...carrying one third of the world's online data.
I suspect it wouldnt be good

If course, being in any way concerned about all this will be seen as support for the war/NATO etc

And naturally, to there's nothing anyone can do and Russian aggression is just one of those things

The West Cork fishermen will be out to get them!

featureimage-1778-752x501.jpg

Filitov looks bovvered

somebody should buy the irish defence forces some cheap drones and watch the russians panic.
or if they are feeling really flush
Baykar Bayraktar TB2 - Wikipedia but thats about $20 million fully cannoned up so probably not worth it to buzz a russian ship but a predator costs $32 million without any missies the Bayraktar comes with 100

somebody should buy the irish defence forces some cheap drones and watch the russians panic.
or if they are feeling really flush
Baykar Bayraktar TB2 - Wikipedia but thats about $20 million fully cannoned up so probably not worth it to buzz a russian ship but a predator costs $32 million without any missies the Bayraktar comes with 100
You could have a crowd funded one. It worked for Ukraine. :)

You could have a crowd funded one. It worked for Ukraine. :)
nobody sane is buying me an armed drone.
oh wait
Suella Braverman:facepalm:
annonces NSL to operate armed drones to stop the boats :eek::D. I think an armed drone in are highly skilled hand my last slightly longer than a watch keeper the army drone the royal artillery keep crashing but not by much the boats will be safe

Fair enough.
I liked their early music.
Just don't like Bono much
There's many artists in the collection, and many of them are disappointing Tbh. Used to read the NME and other publications. So many inflated egos. Still, at the end of the day, it's all about the music.

Which is why my U2 albums only go up to Passengers.

The Letterman special was enjoyable, though. Brought back many Dublin memories.

"The merchant vessel which was part of auxilliary Russian naval support services was turning its AIS system on and off so there was an attempt to deceive and confuse those who have the mandate to monitor those seas i.e. the Irish Naval Service because this is Irish controlled water."

Back
Top Bottom