Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russia opposition politician Boris Nemtsov shot dead

Looks like it might be a symbolic assassination more than anything else.

The combination of a relatively uninfluential but nonetheless outspoken opponent of Putin, the explicit publication of the corpse and then forensic obliteration of the crime scene, Putin's "suggestion" that it might be a contract killing, and finally the fact that this took place in the heart of historic Moscow - as far as I can gather, not too different from being in Westminster - makes it look like a bullying warning sign with flashing "don't fuck with me" lights.

If so, he truly is a nasty piece of work.

(But I think we probably all knew that already, no?)

The combination of a relatively uninfluential but nonetheless outspoken opponent of Putin, the explicit publication of the corpse and then forensic obliteration of the crime scene, Putin's "suggestion" that it might be a contract killing, and finally the fact that this took place in the heart of historic Moscow - as far as I can gather, not too different from being in Westminster - makes it look like a bullying warning sign with flashing "don't fuck with me" lights.

Don't go into the law business.

"I've never even heard of this guy before this morning but ready or not, here's my hot take."

Powerful nuclear armed nations really shouldnt be solving poltical arguements like the godfarther.
Its even more worrying when the foreign policy involves backing a civil war land grab next door and sending bombers on day trips :(

That ghost recon video game set in th ukraine looks more like worryingly everyday :(

"I've never even heard of this guy before this morning but ready or not, here's my hot take."
It sounds like a reasonable guess unless of course he was mistaken for somebody else, a gangster perhaps, unless he really was a gangster & wasn't mistaken for somebody else?

He was shot dead. How could that in any way be 'fortunate'?

He fared better than this:

litvinenko_wideweb__470x311,0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom