Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand: rape and sexual abuse allegations, grifting and general dodginess - discussion

He's developed his own revenue stream, I don't think he'll give much of a fuck about two gigs being cancelled. It will be interesting to see what the social media channels do about this given he's not been found guilty or even charged with anything. I think he makes most of his money out of YouTube.

Yes...but why post it as if the law permits underage sex? It doesn't... It is a way to avoid prosecution in certain circumstances.

Anyway.. point made.

Back to Brand..and his despicable behaviour.
I corrected it in my reply to you by quoting Wikipedia which states the law correctly. Seems to be a few people on here that jump on anything here for points rather than bother to be civil.

He's developed his own revenue stream, I don't think he'll give much of a fuck about two gigs being cancelled. It will be interesting to see what the social media channels do about this given he's not been found guilty or even charged with anything. I think he makes most of his money out of YouTube.
The problem with that for him is it's easy for yt to fuck him off. All these organisations can ban who they like when they like, and in brand's case I'm sure there's a number of breaches of the yt t&c they could point to as justification if required

i thought he was pretty much exclusively on Rumble now, not youtube. he left cos of being censored or cancelled by the mainstream obvs.
The financial side of his grift, him and people like him, i don't really get how it works.
Had a look at it today, his daily sermons on rumble are free to watch, looks like not much ad revenue. True believers will pay $60+ a year to subscribe to his exclusive club for extra something so maybe there's lots of those subscribers but that's it.
So maybe his tours and the annual (very high ticket cost) hippie festival are important for him to pay his bills and wardrobe expenses idk.

i thought he was pretty much exclusively on Rumble now, not youtube. he left cos of being censored or cancelled by the mainstream obvs.
The financial side of his grift, him and people like him, i don't realy get how it works tbh.
Had a look at it today, his daily sermons on rumble are free to watch, looks like not much ad revenue. True believers will pay $60+ a year to subscribe to his exclusive club for extra something but that's it. So maybe his tours and the annual (very high ticket cost) hippie festival are important for him to pay his bills and wardrobe expenses idk.

I think it's mainly YouTube. He's an influencer essentially.

The financial side of his grift, him and people like him, i don't really get how it works.
Had a look at it today, his daily sermons on rumble are free to watch, looks like not much ad revenue. True believers will pay $60+ a year to subscribe to his exclusive club for extra something so maybe there's lots of those subscribers but that's it.
So maybe his tours and the annual (very high ticket cost) hippie festival are important for him to pay his bills and wardrobe expenses idk.

Rumours of his departure from youtube are much exaggerated

Screenshot_20230918_202303_Chrome.jpg

Went and had a look at David Icke's bb to see what they were saying. (Had assumed was same catchment). Turns out he's very much the Judean People's Front over there

yeah idk, maybe i'm wrong, what i remember is him announcing he was going to post on rumble instead because youtube was mainstream and had censored his visoes about how invermectin is a cure for covid. eg) Russell Brand Launches Exclusive Daily Live Show on Rumble
Just read that rumble pays people to perform there, which i didn't know, that might explain it a bit.

You are wrong, he still had his YT channel, with 6.6m subscribers, I've seen reports that he makes around £50k a month from that.

yeah idk, maybe i'm wrong, what i remember is him announcing he was going to post on rumble instead because youtube was mainstream and had censored his visoes about how invermectin is a cure for covid. eg) Russell Brand Launches Exclusive Daily Live Show on Rumble
Just read that rumble pays people to perform there, which i didn't know, that might explain it a bit.
This site reckons he might be on $2m from yt each year Russell Brand Net Worth and Earnings (September 2023)

The thing is - for his all awful faults he's actually clearly a very intelligent guy. Unlike Andrew Tate. So this will be absolutely fucking him off even being put in the same category as that guy, which is quite funny.

What do you think it would look like if we had a good, fit for purpose system, in the police & the courts? Specifically, what sort of 'evidence' would you need to bring a prosecution in these cases, or would victim testimony be enough.

Victim testimony is never enough.

(You also mentioned in another post about no paper trail. There is DNA in rape trials and it's still he said she said - that's where the problem lies. Belief. And...well, you know why it's the woman who is less often believed).

But back to my first line. I was on jury for the most obvious case of stealing you've ever seen in your life. Enough, easily, for the CPS to bring it to trial. Not caught red-handed, because he got away, but chased from the home red-handed for a long way. Picked out separately by two people in that line-up thing they do. Guilty as fuck.

Not guilty.

Prosecution? Poor Bangladeshi family with CPS shit lawyers.

Defence? Son of a magistrate with the best (most fucking boring to be honest) lawyer money could buy. Spent a whole day discussing the colour of the guy's curtains.

It's not about evidence. It's about lawyers (and patriarchy in rape cases).

The suggestion is the channel makes a lot more, but his likely take is around £50k.

Even if the channel only get 1p in ad revenue per view, his denial video on Friday would have brought in £14k, having been watched 1.4m times.
I don’t think you get that much. Maybe £5k for a mill or probably less.

its nowhere near 1p per view, no way, he'd be on millions every day that way? i'm not worried about his finances, to be clear, he might lose some money from this but think he'll be just fine. Dunno how it works with youtube & its competitors, he's just milking every possible channel for what he can get obvs.

its nowhere near 1p per view, no way, he'd be on millions every day that way? i'm not worried about his finances, to be clear, he might lose some money from this but think he'll be just fine. Dunno how it works with youtube & its competitors, he's just milking every possible channel for what he can get obvs.
He gets apparently a bit more than a million views a day on yt. The link I posted about reckons $0.003-$0.007 per view. If it was 1p per view he wouldn't be on millions a day but £10k a day (1m/100).

I don’t think you get that much. Maybe £5k for a mill or probably less.

It increases rapidly over time, he has literarily hundred of millions of views, and he does a lot of long videos.

How much money for 1 million views on YouTube UK?
Where as for my first million youtube views I made a total of £1,800, for my second million views I made £2,596. Which is quite a lot more! It's also worth noting that not only did I make more money, but It took me around 4 years to get my first million views and it took only 2 years to get my second million views. LINK

How much does YouTube pay UK?
The 'revenue for every 1k view' (RPM) for a YouTube short is £0.03 while a long form video's RPM is between £1.28 and £23.23. But the popularity of short form video content means that it's certainly a route to consider if you're looking to grow your audience. LINK

I believe YouTube revenue varies a lot depending on what type of advertising the content attracts (e.g. more money if it's financial products, less if it's breakfast cereal).

‘Between £1.28 and £23.23” per 1000 views for long videos . What a weird world. Got to be to do with the advertising yep. Who would choose to advertise on RB videos probably health supplements and crypto and things like that.

Back
Top Bottom