Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand Crap/Not Crap

Russell Brand Crap/not Crap

• Total voters
All of the people on this thread have seen russell brand, at what point can you make a judgement on whether he is rubbish. If he left a bad taste after the first take, why continue to view him? Some on here have some deep rooted dislike for him which is entirely unnecessary.
Remember if you continue to watch him while thinking he is rubbish, then he is doing something right!

muser said:
All of the people on this thread have seen russell brand, at what point can you make a judgement on whether he is rubbish. If he left a bad taste after the first take, why continue to view him? Some on here have some deep rooted dislike for him which is entirely unnecessary.
Remember if you continue to watch him while thinking he is rubbish, then he is doing something right!

I don't continue to watch him. I saw one of his shows and, after coming close to gouging my own eyes out with a grapefruit spoon, decided that I would never bother with his ununique brand of vacuous self-indulgent Hoxton fassie-ism again. Why the fuck should we not have a deep rooted dislike for him? he embodies everything that is wrong with comedy and so-called youth culture today. I couldn't give two shits if he's a stand-up genius - his TV work is so utterly vapid and unfunny. We live in a world where people sit on a fucking sofa and argue about... people sitting on a fucking sofa and arguing. I mean for fuck's sake, what the hell happened to any semblence of culture? You used to get proper stuff on late-night C4 - deranged psychedelic programmes, new and original comedy, cartoons about mice raping each other and eating their babies (no, really). I have every right to rant about this... abomination, this festering pustule on our culture.

:mad:

exosculate said:
OK nino you're a clever chap/chappess (not sure but I think female but I digress). Please could you elucidate the reasons why you think he is crap?

Have you ever come across something called "taste"? I'm sure the brand (pardon the pun) of toothpaste that I use is different to the one you use. I may even favour a different toothbrush to you.

You see what I'm getting at?

Btw, Nino is a man's name and Nina is the female equivalent...but I'm sure you already knew that.

E2A: your use of the word "clever" resembles the way it is used by balders: as a pejorative.

He brought a camera crew and a minder to a mayday protest than did his now famous strip on a sky tv van.The end result was the samba band stopping playing and the police on horses moving in.
Nice one Russ.
Cunt.

Russel Brand imho looks remarkably like a bloke who posts here sometimes (Wirething) would, if he grew a beard, his hair long and got funky with the wax.

nino_savatte said:
Have you ever come across something called "taste"? I'm sure the brand (pardon the pun) of toothpaste that I use is different to the one you use. I may even favour a different toothbrush to you.

You see what I'm getting at?

Btw, Nino is a man's name and Nina is the female equivalent...but I'm sure you already knew that.

E2A: your use of the word "clever" resembles the way it is used by balders: as a pejorative.

'Taste' does not mean you write someone off as being crap because you don't like them personally. Theres loads of people I don't like yet still respect them as having some talent.

My friend had a female cat called John.

Pejorative - not at all - I like alot of your posts.

dum dum said:
He brought a camera crew and a minder to a mayday protest than did his now famous strip on a sky tv van.The end result was the samba band stopping playing and the police on horses moving in.
Nice one Russ.
Cunt.

Another reason I like him now. Ta for that. More please!

Cid said:
I don't continue to watch him. I saw one of his shows and, after coming close to gouging my own eyes out with a grapefruit spoon, decided that I would never bother with his ununique brand of vacuous self-indulgent Hoxton fassie-ism again. Why the fuck should we not have a deep rooted dislike for him? he embodies everything that is wrong with comedy and so-called youth culture today. I couldn't give two shits if he's a stand-up genius - his TV work is so utterly vapid and unfunny. We live in a world where people sit on a fucking sofa and argue about... people sitting on a fucking sofa and arguing. I mean for fuck's sake, what the hell happened to any semblence of culture? You used to get proper stuff on late-night C4 - deranged psychedelic programmes, new and original comedy, cartoons about mice raping each other and eating their babies (no, really). I have every right to rant about this... abomination, this festering pustule on our culture.

:mad:

I respect that criticism Cid - why can't other people get stuck in and truly express why they dislike people like Brand?

exosculate said:
'Taste' does not mean you write someone off as being crap because you don't like them personally. Theres loads of people I don't like yet still respect them as having some talent.

My friend had a female cat called John.

Pejorative - not at all - I like alot of your posts.

Ah, but taste has a lot to do with it. Who says this is "personal"? It isn't, I don't like Russell Brand because he isn't funny. That is down to personal taste - is it not?

nino_savatte said:
Ah, but taste has a lot to do with it. Who says this is "personal"? It isn't, I don't like Russell Brand because he isn't funny. That is down to personal taste - is it not?

If you didn't like Beethoven would that make him crap?

nino_savatte said:

DO you think Brand has any talent?

exosculate said:
If you didn't like Beethoven would that make him crap?

You're a little too hung up on the word "crap". If I choose to use that word, that is my affair. I have every right to think something is crap and no, I don't need to defend it. Isn't this thread titled "Russell Brand: crap/not crap"?

What does Beethoven have to do with this? Isn't it possible he could be crap as far as some folk are concerned? Not everyone likes Beethoven and not everyone likes Russell Brand.

I know how much you must like Brand, but you really should accept that not everyone shares your love of him and that people think that he is "crap".

Is June Sarpong talented?

nino_savatte said:
You're a little too hung up on the word "crap". If I choose to use that word, that is my affair. I have every right to think something is crap and no, I don't need to defend it. Isn't this thread titled "Russell Brand: crap/not crap"?

What does Beethoven have to do with this? Isn't it possible he could be crap as far as some folk are concerned? Not everyone likes Beethoven and not everyone likes Russell Brand.

I know how much you must like Brand, but you really should accept that not everyone shares your love of him and that people think that he is "crap".

Is June Sarpong talented?

I'm not hung up on the word crap neither do I worship Brand, I have many criticisms of him. I'm just saying that he clearly has some talent, and to just label him crap is silly.

My point is simple, to dislike someones work does not discount the possibility that a person has worthwhile talent that others might appreciate.

Sarpong on the other hand is totally crap.

I'm in the exo camp, does russell brand have talent? Why not defend your opinion, you have one, if you feel it is right then defend it or be prepare to have it derided.

Roy Chubby Brown is a comedian with a huge following. A lot of people think he's crap and a lot of people think he isn't. Nonetheless, despite his lack of television exposure, he still pulls in the punters.

Just because a comedian has regular show on telly, it doesn't necesarily mean that the comedian in question is actually any good. The comedian was chosen for the programme by a producer, whose decision for doing so was based on personal taste.

Does everyone like Harry Hill? I remember him doing open mic spots and I was being paid to compere. Same with Ed Byrne and loads of others.

nino_savatte said:
Roy Chubby Brown is a comedian with a huge following. A lot of people think he's crap and a lot of people think he isn't. Nonetheless, despite his lack of television exposure, he still pulls in the punters.

Just because a comedian has regular show on telly, it doesn't necesarily mean that the comedian in question is actually any good. The comedian was chosen for the programme by a producer, whose decision for doing so was based on personal taste.

Does everyone like Harry Hill? I remember him doing open mic spots and I was being paid to compere. Same with Ed Byrne and loads of others.

I don't like Chubby or Harry - but I do think they have talent. The talent produces work that i don't enjoy but I can see there is skill there.

exosculate said:
I don't like Chubby or Harry - but I do think they have talent. The talent produces work that i don't enjoy but I can see there is skill there.

Talent is an exceptionally vague thing. How does one measure talent? Is there a gauge?

nino_savatte said:
No, you were attempting to belittle me. You're just covering your arse.

he was trying to belittle you by calling you a finger mouse?! :confused:

haha must try to remeber that bad-ass insult! :D

exosculate said:
Now you're annoyed - it was not meant to offend. What do you mean by speaking as a professional?

1. You made an attempt to belittle me because I don't share your admiration of Brand's 'talent'.

2. What do you think I mean by "professional"?

nino_savatte said:
That's not what I meant and I shan't be indulging you.

:(

really?

but i like to be indulged! *cries/stamps feet/throws fit/etc.,etc.*

i also like finger puppets and russell brand and beethoven. not june sarpong though - she's crap.

Back
Top Bottom