Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand Crap/Not Crap

Russell Brand Crap/not Crap

• Total voters
nino_savatte said:
There's no accounting for taste, is there?

Nino, in all seriousness I got a lot of respect for your posts. And funnily enough vimto's who you seem to like also. But once in a while you defend a position that contradictory to common sense. You can appreciate what exo's proposing, but instead of agreeing with some of what he is saying you would prefer to dismiss it out of hand, and assert your own views.
Please encourage a debate, we all might learn something (I include myself in that statement).

dolly's gal said:
:(

really?

but i like to be indulged! *cries/stamps feet/throws fit/etc.,etc.*

i also like finger puppets and russell brand and beethoven. not june sarpong though - she's crap.

If I say that I speak as a "professional" on this issue (as being discussed on this thread) what do you think I mean?

It doesn't mean that I am a finger puppet.

muser said:
Nino, in all seriousness I got a lot of respect for your posts. And funnily enough vimto's who you seem to like also. But once in a while you defend a position that contradictory to common sense. You can appreciate what exo's proposing, but instead of agreeing with some of what he is saying you would prefer to dismiss it out of hand, and assert your own views.
Please encourage a debate, we all might learn something (I include myself in that statement).

What is the problem? I don't like Brand, Why should I have to defend something that is clearly predicated on my own personal taste?

I don't think I've dismissed anything out of hand. I am merely defending my right to exercise a choice that is based on my tastes.

I noticed how most of you missed this post

Does everyone like Harry Hill? I remember him doing open mic spots and I was being paid to compere. Same with Ed Byrne and loads of others.

Now, doesn't that give you a clue about what I mean when I say "professional"?

nino_savatte said:
If I say that I speak as a "professional" on this issue (as being discussed on this thread) what do you think I mean?

It doesn't mean that I am a finger puppet.

wow you're pretty uptight dude. i'm sure no-one really thinks you're a finger puppet.

maybe you're a comedian? or a critic? or summat? tell us! i'm intrigued now (tho slightly upset you're not a finger puppet :( )

dolly's gal said:
wow you're pretty uptight dude. i'm sure no-one really thinks you're a finger puppet.

maybe you're a comedian? or a critic? or summat? tell us! i'm intrigued now (tho slightly upset you're not a finger puppet :( )

"Uptight", no one's uptight, friend. If you said that you were a "professional" and I replied "dipstick", how would you regard it?

If you really want to know what I do/did, pm me but I'd have thought it fairly obvious what I did by the quote that I pasted into my reply.

Watching his programme the other night I felt like Malcolm McDowell in the psychological torture sequence in A Clockwork Orange; the frenetic pace; the quick fire questions that elicit reponses nanoseconds in length before Brand moves on; the constant change of camera angle; the rapid direction. It was like an explosion in a baubel factory. Television for the MySpace generation. Utterly devoid of content. My head still hurts.

I find he becomes boring very quickly. I doubt he'll be around much on TV in a couple of years.

I mean it was just so fuckin' shite. Screaming pissed up blind people; a freak show of plastic surgery victims; that boring-as-fuck pop princess I've never heard of ... "sad" doesn't begin to cover it.

he is a complete tosser and i dont find him attractive - i mean purely in terms of looks too, i dont like his hair, his eyes are beady and a dude with facial hair aint coming near me.

add promiscuity and cockiness into the mix and its a recipe for a turn-off :rolleyes:

they show was disappointing, it was like the show richard blackwood used to do... the first thing lily says is magazine make me not like my body... boring does really need to be said again???

the its my life with the guy from the word is sharper then this show.

He's soooooooooooooooo crap. And wtf fancies him anyway????!!!! He did this show years ago for UK Play which was meant to be another issues based pushing-the-boundaries bollocks and jwas just him and his ego hanging out, trying to make a point by challenging his Dad to a fight and living with a prostitute and her family. Actually I've managed to make it sound much more insightful than it actually was.

He's just like the shouty kid in school who thought that being loud and outrageous was indication of a high intelligence level. It isn't.

Tosser.

I'm having a bit of a ranty morning so I think I'd better get off the boards now.:eek: :oops:

I think Mr Brand might be facing a bit of a backlash because of his over exposure.

I was at a gig last night where the headliners kept the crowd waiting far too long and everyone was getting restless and they made the mistake of sending Brand on to keep the crowd happy.

His appearance on stage brought about a lot of booing and chants of "wanker", "You C*nt", and "Fuck off Brand" as well as some stuff being chucked at him. I'm not sure if he said anything funny or not because he was drowned out by all of the abuse :D

I used to like the series he had on Play Uk ages ago (I think that was the name of cable channel, but I can't remember the name of the series), but he started to do my head in over the summer when the gf put BB on.

Russell Brand = comedy genius.

Just got tickets for his Manchester gig. Rock on!

Edit: Although I don't think he'll last very long.

I think he's alright, makes me laugh anyway. Seems to be a bit like marmite, love or hate. Didn't like him particularly on BBBM but I liked his sort of non-judgementalism.

Has anyone seen the 4 video's he produced himself before he made it in telly. One he hangs for a day with a BNPer, the next with a homeless guy and the next one he beats his dad up for being a cunt when he was small? They are quite revealing. You can find them on UKNova.
His act is stolen from the camp Carry on characters though isn't it?

He's like that person who gets high and can't shut up and beleives that they're really intelligent and entertaining but in reality are just extremely tedious and annoying.

Saying that, I really enjoyed the little MTV slot he had a while back where he ran around clubs and festivals tripping out gurners and E casualties.

The routine is a little old now.

bumped because i saw him live tonight (well most of it) and he was actually really good! relived the bob geldof thing and did some nice pisstaking about his reported "womanising".

really very funny. much better than i expected him to be, so well done him.

his hair is fucking huge man. i was priveleged enough to see it up close.:cool:

When i first saw him on that god awful big brother show a year ago i thought he was a really annoying tit. However i've had to reappraise my opinion of him recently as i listened to his radio show and found it to be ball achingly funny:D A lot better when he's doing freewheeling comedy stuff than he is on TV.

Back
Top Bottom