Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rowies, Butteries, Aberdeen Rolls, fa loves um?

Dae ye nae jist love the Roll fae Aberdeen?

• Shuch aye!

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Nae bad.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Ye wise loon?

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • tatties oer the side

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
I had to turn down a particularly fine looking rowie this morning.

Mouth still too sore from yesterday's dentistry. :(

just had the 1st of me imported butteries fae kelly of cults in CUlter

mmmm one with Plum jam on it and one with marmalade

rockin...... the brekfast of champions

Good steak pies from them as well. :)

2042073708_f719047154_b.jpg

:)

Thains have put-up the price of ther big bags of second-day rowies to 75p! :mad"

Still a bargain though :)

Admit that your real reason for bumping this thread is that, not happy that I'm currently being taunted by the existence of plain tunnocks teacakes, you also want me to crave Aberdeen rolls!

:mad:

Admit that your real reason for bumping this thread is that, not happy that I'm currently being taunted by the existence of plain tunnocks teacakes, you also want me to crave Aberdeen rolls!

:mad:

Well, no.

But if you want to see it that way, fair enough! :p :D

The horror! :eek:

Thain's had no 60p bags of rowies tonight - IT must be because of the monday holiday.

I am distraught! :eek:

Recently moved to Aberdeen and this girl I'm seeing has introduced me to the macaroni and lasagne pie. om nom nom.

An angel sent me two rowies in the post! I have been fantasisting about them since this thread began.

Initial impressions: they look breadier than i expected... and smell like heaven - syrupy.

I'm going to have one toasted with butter, is that right?

edit. wow! thank christ i don't live in aberdeen, i'd be the size of four houses. yummy greasy saltiness. Ate the first half with butter and then had an urge for jam. We don't have any jam so had the second half with butter and strawberry yoghurt - which i'm sure will offend the rowie purists, but hot-damn it was scrummy.

I'm not entirely sure now about my 'i'm-on-a-diet/i'm-a-good-wife' plan of leaving the other one for grinder... mmmm

15 miles, down by Ferryden but we still have to lose two teenage boys - There seems to be crossed wires with the grandparents.

Or maybe they don't want them back?

Oh dear me! I have been reading this thread and I am salivating at the thought of an Aberdeen roll. Not had one for about 8 years, the last time I was home :( I remember when I was younger going camping up by the golf course with some friends and going to the bakers in Torry at about 2am and getting fresh pies and rolls, what I would do for one now!!! I've found a recipe to make Aitkens rolls, apparently the secret is syrup and when I think about it Aitkens rolls did have a distinct taste to them. I have tried making them a few years ago they were nice but not quite there. There is a place that delivers but it's £11.50 for delivery, I think that's extortionate, so will resort to making them myself for now.

Back
Top Bottom