Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rowies, Butteries, Aberdeen Rolls, fa loves um?

Dae ye nae jist love the Roll fae Aberdeen?

• Shuch aye!

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Nae bad.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • Ye wise loon?

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • tatties oer the side

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters
I'm wanting a Rowie with butter and golden syrup right now but can't be bothered to trek down to the bakers. :(

How do you pronounce this. Row rhyming with crow. Orrnow? Got to be a winter thing I think but I would try one. sound a bit like scotch pancakes. Which come to think of it I haven't eaten for years.

And Mackie's are yoons so I don't buy their products.

I can remember back to the time when Mackie's made a fairly principled stand against the Tories by going out of their way to offer jobs to people remaindered by cutbacks - at the same pay grades and similar conditions.

Whatever his politics (Old-style Liberal) and uber-worthy status, old Sir Maitland was IME a rare, genuinely good man who did a lot for this part of the world and its people. I worked quite a bit with him in his last years (he was also on our board) and saw at first hand how hard he went at it - well above and beyond virtually all the other members and with none of the elitism/standoffishness of most. Its a lot more complex than them just being Yoons. In most other ways, their corporate values are just about in the right place!

Made a new discovery recently:

45656830.cc93b600.1600.jpg

Micro-Rowies - and very moreish they are too! :oops: :D

The new artisan baker at Crathie nr Balmoral has started producing these beauties:

45718402.b6ef9609.1600.jpg

45718400.caf534ea.1600.jpg

Look at the thickness of that..!

45718404.312a4d54.1600.jpg

:D

And it seems you can get them from the honesty box outside her house too. I think I'll be stopping whenever I pass by now.

22554823_1984229385192990_3996041093566597179_n.jpg

Last edited:
She has a drop-off/outlet in Banchory and maybe Stony soon. :)

They are worth it - Even third-day, heatup under the grill and its a delicious crispy outside but still soft and fluffy inside - Lovely

Told us she uses 50/50 butter/Lard in her recipe and they are nae too salty either. :D

Got some Cheese and Onion Rowies in Ballater yesterday - Flaming lovely. They may not last long enough for a photo..! :D

Back
Top Bottom