Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rotherham child rape gangs: At least 1400 victims

Fucking filth. :mad:

ON the deportation thing. If a foreign national commits a serious crime warrenting lengthy prison sentence, I've no problem with them being deported once it's served, in general. Isn't that what happens anyway? British citizens or persons given indephenant right to remain in the UK. They stay. Revoking citizenship is not a power I want any state to have TBH. But this is not even a side issue really.

What's happening that allows gangs like this to operate. The systematic break down stuff, again. Attitudes, overstretched services staffed by demoralised ground staff. Probably all that again is the story. :(

Unbelievable that anyone could think putting a vulnerable 16 year old in a flat on her own on Stapleton Road, an area she didn't even know, was a good idea :confused:

Not uncommon though, have you not noticed the amount of vulnerable people that are housed with slumlords in Easton and St Pauls. Seems like even councils outside of the city are at it now from the reports. Throw in the bail hostels, drug & alcohol projects and shelters which various organisations have based in these areas and a pattern emerges...

Unbelievable that anyone could think putting a vulnerable 16 year old in a flat on her own on Stapleton Road, an area she didn't even know, was a good idea :confused:

They put people wherever is cheap and wherever a landlord doesn't worry about who takes their property. This tends to be more run-down areas. A couple of places like this on my road, we had a very troubled teenager out of the care system housed in a flat opposite a few years back, just after having her baby taken off her. The worst kind of assholes were turning up outside at all hours, fighting in the street, kicking doors through and so on. One even punched out a neighbour who intervened after he'd floored the girl in the street. Poor vulnerable kids like this attract despicable cunts unfortunately, and once they're old enough they're usually on their own, the people who look after them have their hands full.

Not uncommon though, have you not noticed the amount of vulnerable people that are housed with slumlords in Easton and St Pauls. Seems like even councils outside of the city are at it now from the reports. Throw in the bail hostels, drug & alcohol projects and shelters which various organisations have based in these areas and a pattern emerges...
Not just bristol now - seaside towns are full of people sent there by other councils - go to the area around ellenborough park in weston, full of vulnerable people or people with anti-social behaviour sent there by midlands councils. And their tormenters/dealers/etc often follow. Social dumping.

Given their nicknames 'Sniper', 'Left-Eye' etc I don't think its Somali Clans they saw as role models.

Nicknames are a long-established part of Somali culture: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26354143

Gang sexual abuse of children is not (no matter what this band of common criminals insisted to their victims.)

Somali culture has plenty messed-up about its treatment of women (instances of forced marriage, very frequent FGM, pressure to veil etc) but to float the idea that it is 'traditional' for Somali men to share 'girlfriends' is the absolute opposite of the real picture. Al Shabaab would probably have stoned this lot to death for adultery if they'd tried it on in Somalia. Which of course they would never have dared to.

Nicknames are a long-established part of Somali culture: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26354143

Gang sexual abuse of children is not (no matter what this band of common criminals insisted to their victims.)

Somali culture has plenty messed-up about its treatment of women (instances of forced marriage, very frequent FGM, pressure to veil etc) but to float the idea that it is 'traditional' for Somali men to share 'girlfriends' is the absolute opposite of the real picture. Al Shabaab would probably have stoned this lot to death for adultery if they'd tried it on in Somalia. Which of course they would never have dared to.

I bet there is prostitution and pimping/drug gangs in Somalia just as there is here.

I'm sure you're right - but there's no way anyone would try to argue they're "part of Somali culture". Any more than people ever argue that prostitution, pimping and drugs gangs are "part of British culture".

The abusers themselves, counting on their perception that plenty of British people might be foolish/racist/ill informed enough to believe it. The postings on here indicate that depressingly they were right about that.

The abusers themselves, counting on their perception that plenty of British people might be foolish/racist/ill informed enough to believe it. The postings on here indicate that depressingly they were right about that.
I haven't seen anyone here say that yes, prostitution, pimping and drugs are actually a part of somali culture. I've just seen you try to pin that on other posters. Not good.

First: the girls. Let's not ever forget them, however deep we get into sociology. They need believing and supporting.

Then the question of how did this happen.
I haven't seen anyone here say that yes, prostitution, pimping and drugs are actually a part of somali culture. I've just seen you try to pin that on other posters. Not good.
Oh god. I was dubious about that too, but it's been widely reported. It's total crap of course, but damage is done.
Some of the victims in Bristol were persuaded to have sex with their boyfriends' friends as it was Somali “culture and tradition” and “men always have sex with each other’s girlfriends”

OK, not trying to pin any particular individual here as a racist but it did seem from various comments on the thread that the line this was 'part of Somali culture' had been swallowed at least in part by at least some posters? if not then why are we going around in these circles? obviously it just isn't.

OK, not trying to pin any particular individual here as a racist but it did seem from various comments on the thread that the line this was 'part of Somali culture' had been swallowed at least in part by at least some posters? if not then why are we going around in these circles? obviously it just isn't.
Give some examples of people swallowing it then. Should be easy.

POSTS #1404, 1432, 1437, 1438, 1452 appear to show some confusion as to what is and what isn't actually part of somali culture, is all I am trying to say. Not that you - or anyone else on here - is a scumbag racist OR that anyone here has swallowed either the criminals' or the tabloids' line whole and entire.

(and fwiw: I think arguing that anything is 'part of X culture' is problematic and over-simplifying, even or especially when I do it myself as in the nicknames post. what is culture? what is just habit? where does one culture end and another begin? etc etc etc etc etc. )

Teaching people not to grow up to be rapists doesn't start with punishment. It starts with treating females as equal autonomous human beings.

A noble sentiment, but while education would help, we need to remember that sex crimes are as often (perhaps more often) the result of opportunism on the part of the criminal, than the result of being raised in an oppressively anti-female parent culture. A vast majority of 1st-generation British whose parents were raised in quasi-misogynistic cultures don't become rapists, even though they may display some chauvinistic or misogynistic behaviour.

Seriously? Deport Spanish kids because their parents are foreigners?

I suggest its better to have a police force, social services etc that give a fuck in the first place rather than deporting your own nationals...

So often it's not about whether a fuck is given, especially with regard to social services, it's a bout funding, and a system of commissioning services rather than providing them that sucks what little financial resources there are out of the system. All the "giving a fuck"s in the world do no good if you don't have the resources to provide appropriate services or, more often, more than a skeleton service at all.

The fuckers claimed what they were doing was part of somali culture so I'm happy for them to be dropped off on the coast of somali cunts. so they can experiance the vibrancy of the culture first hand :mad:

In the past, when such claims have been made in mitigation, especially by the children of immigrants, the judge usually kicks them in the bollocks because they've generally had equal exposure to British culture - in other words the judge sees the "mitigation" for what it often is - a lawyer's tactic to excuse the behaviour of their client.

Been happening increasingly over the last 20 years or so, and now that local authority care has been re-legislated to make sure social services cover children in care to a minimum age of 18, some local authorities appear to be looking to fulfill their responsibilities as cheaply as possible, even if it means exposing their wards to possible harm. :(

No I thought the bastards were taking the piss the idea of pimping your girlfriend out is anything to do with somalian culture was and is total bollocks. If there not uk citizens they should be deported to somali if they are then we have to deal with them.:(

They were just taking the piss weren't they with the "its our culture to share girlfriends.". Its all very depressing. The girls treated like commodities to be shipped around by local authorities. The girls treated like commodities by the abusers to make money. The Somali kids who dont seem to know where they fit in, probs getting 'mainstream' work or jsa ,with a proportion ending up dealing with all the trappings that lifestyle brings. Guy who works in my local shop went to school with them all. Said they all did well at GCSEs but past couple years started to drop out and start dealing around Stapleton road. People I know who lived in the block they lived in said they were always people coming and going , loud parties, always police doing raids for drugs, but had no idea that this shit was going on. think a lot of people in shock, and just waiting to see what will happen next.

Not just bristol now - seaside towns are full of people sent there by other councils - go to the area around ellenborough park in weston, full of vulnerable people or people with anti-social behaviour sent there by midlands councils. And their tormenters/dealers/etc often follow. Social dumping.
`The advantages of social apartheid` by Charles Murray in the Times in (i think) March 2005, always a good read.

Back
Top Bottom