Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rochdale by-election

What about this David Tully fellow? Did he have anything to offer, or was he some independent business type, offering nothing

Galloway, Tice and Farage as political fixtures, what a time to be alive.
This is typical Galloway. If he genuinely cares about his politics and fighting the kind of racism the likes of Tice purvey then he'd have no qualms about releasing that text.

Galloway, Tice and Farage as political fixtures, what a time to be alive.

Don't forget Chris Williamson, who is apparently the 'deputy leader' of Galloway's lash up. Plus, Nick Griffin who appears to be increasingly vocally supportive of Galloway's 'analysis' on Gaza. The doors to the sewers are opening...

While you'd need a heart of stone not to relish Labour's misfortunes, and whilst I think this is a specific result at a particualr time and place, I do not get the 'Galloway winning was the best result' line. It's wrong. And it wasn't a small turnout win either.

What about this David Tully fellow? Did he have anything to offer, or was he some independent business type, offering nothing
This is his election statement

heavy emphasis on local issues that probably struck a chord with local voters. His result is probably more significant in a way rather than Galloways. They both obviously rode home on a wave of protest votes. Galloway clearly benefitted from being a known name.

heavy emphasis on local issues that probably struck a chord with local voters. His result is probably more significant in a way rather than Galloways. They both obviously rode home on a wave of protest votes. Galloway clearly benefitted from being a known name.

What were voters who backed Tully protesting about?

Labour’s vote went down 46% last night due to there being no Labour candidate. In a GE that’s not going to be fought on Gaza but on the economy, NHS, Education etc - and where Labour will pour resources in to the seat - the indie and Galloway will be irrelevant
I agree overall, though the depth of Starmer's fuck up over this will have some long term consequences.

Don't forget Chris Williamson, who is apparently the 'deputy leader' of Galloway's lash up. Plus, Nick Griffin who appears to be increasingly vocally supportive of Galloway's 'analysis' on Gaza. The doors to the sewers are opening...

While you'd need a heart of stone not to relish Labour's misfortunes, and whilst I think this is a specific result at a particualr time and place, I do not get the 'Galloway winning was the best result' line. It's wrong. And it wasn't a small turnout win either.

Really think Griffin is an irrelevance. The only time he gets attention is when he angles for a press release and, mostly liberals, who remember the name play along with it. Compare him to Tice, Robinson, Fox, Farage, Anderson and the rest - they're all right wing poster boys these days, he isn't, hardly ever see him mentioned in their shiteheap attempts at organising or publicity stunts.

Really think Griffin is an irrelevance. The only time he gets attention is when he angles for a press release and, mostly liberals, who remember the name play along with it. Compare him to Tice, Robinson, Fox, Farage, Anderson and the rest - they're all right wing poster boys these days, he isn't, hardly ever see him mentioned in their shiteheap attempts at organising or publicity stunts.
I seem to recall Griffin backing Corbyn. As I said before it says more about Griffin than anyone else.

Screencap of x-tweet sent out today by Richard Tice asking people to vote for Danczuk in yesterdays by-election

John Bye @Johnbye
Looks like Richard Tice may have forgotten it was a leap year when he scheduled this post encouraging people to vote in.. er.. yesterday's byelection.
Any Reform supporters trying to vote today may need a Tardis as well as voter ID.
Spoilers: you finish 6th.

[Screencap of x-tweet from Richard Tice]
@TiceRichard
POLLING DAY:
[Picture of Simon Danczuk with the slogan 'VOTE TODAY! SIMON DANCZUK']
Polls are open from 7am - 10pm today.
Don’t forget your voter ID!
If you want change, vote for it.
x-twitter link

🤣🤣🤣

Poor old Danczuk, imagine your political epitaph being "runner-up carpetbagger." Ngl though, the wailing when Galloway does his second comeback Commons speech on Gaza will be entertaining.

Gaza isn't just about Gaza it's also about Muslims being allowed to speak up without being depicted as rabid anti-semitic hoards. We're also staring down the barrel of likely decades of authoritarian but feckless Labour government. The stakes in coming elections are going to be low as there is no chance the Tories will get back in. So Galloway/Workers Party is much more than a protest vote but a permanent niche that Galloway is skilled at filling when the left should be filling it instead.

It's a fact that everybody who didn't vote is actually a Labour supporter?

TBF Guineveretoo used that as an example of an equivalent nonsense statement.

I think it is true that you can't use this as an example of Labour getting a beating tbh as them disowning their candidate clearly had a big effect. I think although this looks shit for them they might have dodged a bullet here - having their official candidate getting a beating that would be much worse and I don't think you could have ruled that out tbh.

I agree, that's why I was interested in what he was about. I did some cursory googling but couldn't find a website.

Back
Top Bottom