LD - 2164
Con - 3731
Galloway - 12335
MH - 246
WH - 523
Green - 436
Omrlp - 209
Tully - 6....over 6 thousand, drowned out by cheering. 6638

Fuck a duck. Glad I never put money on my psephological hunches.

I wonder if this would be a reason for Sunak to go early while Gaza is still a factor, in the hope that Labour’s vote will be eroded by Galloway imitators nationwide.

Also, Galloway had BNP backing, and put some anti-trans stuff in his comms to non-Muslims. So perhaps he took some far right votes from Reform as well.

Galloway has his own bigotry but the Nick Griffin endorsement is irrelevant wherever it appears. Griffin does it to get a mention in the news, no one beyond daft hacks and partisan opportunists cares.

As for Galloway / WPB, a temporary phenomenon. He’ll be launched at the General Election. I despise the guy but some of the centrist pearl-clutching in response to his victory this morning has been hilarious.

Good showing for the local independent Tully. I’d just keep campaigning if I were him. His stock can only rise when people realise the Great Charlatan will do absolutely nothing for them, and I doubt strongly that Labour will be able to heal their self-inflicted wounds in such a short space of time. If Tully stands again he could be a big threat to the quivering fedora of outrage.

What a fascinating and genuinely hilarious contest. Haven’t laughed so much at a by election in years.

Probably the best result for the people of Rochdale, the alternatives would have changed nothing

My first thought is excluding NI of course, has there been an election result with the three main national parties outside of the top 2?

Fair point.

At the 2019 general election nearly 90% of all of the votes in Rochdale went to either Labour, the Conservatives or the Liberal Democrats.

In the by-election those same parties could not manage 27% between them.

The low trurn out theorists, Labour to edge it, Gaza will have less electoral impact than the cancellation of HS2 pundits got one hell of a beating.
I called this correctly weeks ago - and that was solely based on attending a Palestine demo in nearby Halifax and seeing the sheer visceral anger at Labour. I don't think that's all going to evaporate in a general election either.

I called this correctly weeks ago - and that was solely based on attending a Palestine demo in nearby Halifax and seeing the sheer visceral anger at Labour. I don't think that's all going to evaporate in a general election either.
Yeh I think you're right about the anger. I wonder how things will fare for streeting and shammer

Probably the best result for the people of Rochdale, the alternatives would have changed nothing

The people of Rochdale have or will gain fuck all from Galloway. Nothing will change.

I’ll predict that the recent concerns that’s he’s expressed on local issues will melt away faster than the Labour campaign as his real concern - the promotion of George Galloway - takes centre stage.

Back
Top Bottom