Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ritual slaughtering of animals stopped in Poland.

Jews and Muslims alike took to the streets to show their opposistion to halal and kosher practices.
The government has knocked back a motion to reinstate the ritual. The cheif Rabbi has threatened to resign. So it's no longer possible to drain the life blood from animals while concious.
Good.

It's an erosion of religious freedom. Shame on Poland for doing this to Muslims and Jews.

So religions should be free to be cruel and barbaric?

I know cruelty and barbarism are blended with superstition, ignorance and stupidity to give religions their USP, but there's no place for this backward nonsense in a civilised world. Times have moved on.

I know cruelty and barbarism are blended with superstition, ignorance and stupidity to give religions their USP, but there's no place for this backward nonsense in a civilised world. Times have moved on.

Check out the nature of the food industry, from farm to table. Lots and lots of cruelty and barbarism. Yet they single out this insignificant corner of the business to come down hard against.

Check out the nature of the food industry, from farm to table. Lots and lots of cruelty and barbarism.<snip>

Quite. Look at the conditions in which cheap chicken is reared. Or the pig stalls which hardly allow space to turn around and force pigs (animals which prefer to set aside one corner as a latrine area) to eat only a few feet from where they shat. Not to mention the long journeys (even now) before slaughter.

Yeah now we have green malthusians to be cruel and barbaric instead. Get with the times :rolleyes:

Quite. Look at the conditions in which cheap chicken is reared. Or the pig stalls which hardly allow space to turn around and force pigs (animals which prefer to set aside one corner as a latrine area) to eat only a few feet from where they shat. Not to mention the long journeys (even now) before slaughter.

I was involved in a small part of the chicken system. It was one night, on a farm. We'd been driven out there, miles out of town, or I'd have walked off the job. As it was, I just turned off my brain for five hours, until it was over. Never went back.

Back
Top Bottom