Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Poland

yes i agree, but your short post above about uphill struggle beats any coverage i have read in the western press
managerial centrists feel like theyve won the world cup - Tusk as some kind of genius - hardly - reality check still as needed as ever
Like France innit. Fash or Macron’s aloof managerialism. Another world is no longer possible.

IMG_6654.jpeg

Like France innit. Fash or Macron’s aloof managerialism. Another world is no longer possible.

View attachment 396230
aye but the difference is Macron won the election and is in comfortable power...this coalition might scrape over the line and if so then could very likely collapse at the first hurdle... my point is the coverage isnt sufficiently reporting the fragility of the situation

seeing lots of ecstatic articles like this
Guardian jubilant
...but the coalition lost! I dont quite get the excitement. Yes fuck PiS but its hardly a rout. PiS won the vote

how about this one today

"centre left coalition" :D
its not funny tbh

Last edited:
What the hell is going on in Poland? Pro EU (pm Tusk) versus nationalist (Pis party/president ) power struggles?

TV stations seized, ex mps jailed...
TV stations were already seized by PiS.... Pumping out highest level propaganda. Usually this kind of "staff change" happens over time, BBC a good case of gradual drift pushed by government, seems they've just gotten on with resetting things fast.

What's the jailing thing?

Sounds like tough shit for corrupt politicians who think the law doesn't apply to them:

"Kamiński and Wąsik were convicted of abuse of power for actions taken in 2007, when they served in an earlier Law and Justice-led government, and were sentenced in December to two years in prison. They insist that they are innocent.

A court on Monday issued orders for police to arrest them and deliver them to prison.

When Law and Justice returned to power in 2015, Duda issued a pardon to Kamiński and Wąsik after they were convicted of abuse of power but before their appeals had gone to a higher court, allowing them to take high government positions.

Many legal experts argued that presidential pardons are to be reserved for cases that have gone through all appeals."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom