Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rishi Sunak’s time is up!

Apparently he had the thing built last August.
I wonder when he filled it...
He apparently flies there by helicopter.

1678787820687.png

Even at a conservative estimate, the project is likely to cost more than £400,000.

Last year, the couple applied for a new stone building on a paddock to house a gym, a 12-metre by 5-metre swimming pool, four showers and utilities and storage rooms.

That's what they spent refurbing the multi-acre lake and surround at my local park.

If you look at it on Streetview it's all blurred out but considering it's mostly fields around there I can't imagine that stopping anyone determined to find it.

MickiQ if you find yourself in that neck of the woods, you should take a trip to st lawrence, kirby sigston, the 'pw' maked above: St Lawrence - Kirby Sigston
The only times I have ever been in that neck of the woods is on the A1(M) going past heading for Evil American Megacorp's offices in Washington. The first time I went Mrs Q got all excited and wanted to come with until she realised it wasn't the Washington that she was thinking about. However should Rishi Rich ever decide to invite me to discuss the current parlous state of his regime, I will make a note to pop to the church and visit it.

Does that mean the Windsor frame work will fail?

The DUP's opposition does not mean the legislation will fail, but it makes the likelihood of the unionist party rejoining powersharing slimmer.

I suspect that has more to do with them not wanting to work with a SF first minister.

I suspect that has more to do with them not wanting to work with a SF first minister.
It's almost like they don't want NI to work as a poltical entity.

I heard an interesting pov recently that said that Irish unification could be achieved in one of two ways. The first would involve NI becoming an integral part of the Republic, equal to all the other parts. The second, and perhaps the easier to achieve, would involve NI's self-governing systems passing from UK oversight to ROI oversight while remaining largely unchanged. But if those self-governing systems don't work, that can't happen. Is that the DUP's long-term strategy here - keep NI as dysfunctional as possible to maintain the status quo? :hmm:

_130621429_dx_030823_frontpage_page-0001.jpg

_130621423_front3_page-0001.jpg

You can't fool all of the newspaper editors all of the time (even when they share the same ownership)

_130621429_dx_030823_frontpage_page-0001.jpg

_130621423_front3_page-0001.jpg

You can't fool all of the newspaper editors all of the time (even when they share the same ownership)

The Mirror is basically run by the Labour Party press team from what I've been told. They once ran a double paged vicious attack piece on a friend of mine who was standing as a green at election time, went through his entire life story to dig up dirt. I've hated them ever since. Was totally uncalled for.

It's Reach who own these right? I think on the whole since they bought up more papers they haven't changed the editorial line other than maybe Daily Sport which seems more antiTory than it used to be

Article says he would be the first pm in a decade not to attend the UN General Assembly. I suppose it is easy to forget Liz Truss.

Oozing slippery slimeball of obfuscation.

Whoever the government minister that was doing the media rounds this morning kept saying it was a 'blanket 20mph limit' in Wales, I was getting seriously annoyed that the interviewer didn't pick him up on that.

I’m in favour of the reduction in limit and I despise Sunak the slimeball, but getting picky over that use of language doesn’t help anyone. It is a blanket reduction in the default speed limit in urban areas, from 30mph to 20mph. A sophist retort that there are still 50mph limits outside of these areas is just going to antagonise the people that already agree with Sunak.

I’m in favour of the reduction in limit and I despise Sunak the slimeball, but getting picky over that use of language doesn’t help anyone. It is a blanket reduction in the default speed limit in urban areas, from 30mph to 20mph. A sophist retort that there are still 50mph limits outside of these areas is just going to antagonise the people that already agree with Sunak.

It's a reduction in the default speed limit in urban areas, but it's NOT a blanket 20mph limit within urban areas, there are exceptions, as not all roads with a 30mph limit are suitable to change to 20mph.

When a 20mph limit was proposed for Worthing, it would have applied to residential streets & the town centre, but not the main routes in and out of town, until you got near the town centre itself.

It's a reduction in the default speed limit in urban areas, but it's NOT a blanket 20mph limit within urban areas, there are exceptions, as not all roads with a 30mph limit are suitable to change to 20mph.

When a 20mph limit was proposed for Worthing, it would have applied to residential streets & the town centre, but not the main routes in and out of town, until you got near the town centre itself.
The default in towns is reducing to 20mph. There are exceptions, which will be signposted as such. But the urban default (where there are streetlights no more than 200 yards apart etc) is now a blanket 20mph.

Back
Top Bottom