Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Rishi Sunak’s time is up!

This is not to defend Sunak, but that comment really betrays how completely detached from reality MPs are.

Leadership to them boils down to being able to sell an increasingly rancid and dangerous offering to the public; it emphatically does not involve improving the situation of the population or the country, behaving in a decent manner, or doing the right thing by humanity. In fact, doing any of those things is terrible because their backers oppose those measures.

This is not to defend Sunak, but that comment really betrays how completely detached from reality MPs are.
Indeed. If we swapped Sunak for Starmer the country is still in the same sticky situation where the amount of government debt limits their ability to get out of the hole. Whether it's tax cuts or more public spending (the usual vote winning promises) neither has much wriggle room.

The reality of a huge debt burden coupled with jobs and industry being undercut from Asia is a reality most don't want to consider outside politics either.

The other reality is both parties will have backers and proponents who will want one thing which will conflict the wider interest.

Last edited:
Apparently 20-25 no confidence letters have arrived to Sir Brady…
You aren't English are you, so you need to know the correct appellation is 'Sir Graham'. The 'sir' goes with the first name, not the surname.

/spectrum officiousness

Not that any of this matters in the slightest. Sir Graham is retiring at the next election and it's a pretty safe bet he'll be replaced by someone even worse.

You aren't English are you, so you need to know the correct appellation is 'Sir Graham'. The 'sir' goes with the first name, not the surname.

/spectrum officiousness

Not that any of this matters in the slightest. Sir Graham is retiring at the next election and it's a pretty safe bet he'll be replaced by someone even worse.
I am English, I know full well the correct use of titles; I just don’t give a fuck.😂

Reported via Harry Cole, so we can all guess the identity of the "pranksters".

I think its also quite possible that this is at least as much about him being insufficiently pro-Israel as it is about the by-elections.
yeah, the gunning for Sunak/Hunt is pretty clear; funny all the same.

I disagree - as bad as his trip was around the middle east, any conceivable replacement would have been much worse.
Maybe?
But I don't think the knives are out primarily because of Israel...it's ideological/factional warfare within the right party of capital in general.

Back
Top Bottom