Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Redundant? Looking for work? Vacancies posted here!

Do I apply for a job that's over an hour commute by bike? I can't decided whether to even apply or not. If it was in London I would without question, tis exactly what I want :confused: :(

Cool thread.

I need some photography. Specifically of kids/council tenants who live in the borough I work for. The current standard here is rubbish and I need to build a decent library for upcoming print work. I'm looking for reportage/documentary style, not cheese. Maybe a day or two's work.

A look at a folio of similar stuff would be cool.

Might as well stick my $0.02 in.

Computer Science graduate, excellent team working skills, good code monkey skills. Ideally looking for computer forensics but getting to the point where i'll consider anything that involves me working in the same room or small building as a computer. Can relocate if the job's worth it.

I hate job hunting.

I like this thread. Good luck to all those that are looking. In the meantime. PM me for any Linux server virtualisation requirements that you may have ;)
will hack for yatchs

http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/cgi-bin/vacdetails.cgi?selection=912290351

We are seeking someone with a background in laboratory medicine and a flair for Information Technology who is a skilled communicator.

Pathology IT Administrator. Someone is required with a good understanding of the requirements of biomedical science labs with regards to a computer system, the person should preferably have a good understanding of computer stuff :D This is all so vague but it might really suit one of you orrible lot! Pay isn't too bad really I guess, especially as its not asking for specific qualifications. I may even apply myself, I know how to use a wii :p

Financial Services developer

xxx is a quantitative multi-strategy hedge fund based in London,
UK. We are looking for a Python developer to be part of the
development team. The work environment is fast-paced and you will be
working on many different projects at the same time. Most of our
development is done in Python- we use it for everything, from trade
capture and booking, data gathering through to web development and
management reporting.

This is a permanent position based in London. We can only accept
applications from candidates possessing UK work
authorisation. Interviews will be held in London and only candidates
who are available for London interviews will be considered.

Only personal applications accepted; no agencies please.

**Job Requirements**:

* Strong academic background: Degree in computer science / engineering
/ mathematics, or related technical field preferred.
* Financial experience beneficial but not necessary
* Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong object oriented programming skills: Not necessarily in Python
* Ability to work in a team: This is a small company (45 people) and there is no room for lone rangers.
* Desire to work in and ability to deal with extremely fluid and constantly changing work environment

PM me for info if anyone interested in it.

Two charity sector jobs going

One is part time (full time also considered) maternity cover in research grant admin - ~£18k pro rata (for 3 days per week). Life science Masters or PhD required.

The other is full time research comms/admin/event organisation - £23-24k. Science degree desirable.

PM me for details.

Well as Friday is my last day what the hell.

Personal Assistant roles required, i can type 60 wpm, i make sure people are where they are supposed to be, generally run peoples lives for them, make a mean cup of tea, and i am actually really organised despite being an utter numpty on here.

Looking for Southampton, Bournemouth, Poole way to start end of September.

Hmm.. maybe. But I know she's got some long term projects that she really wants to finish and get under her belt. Feel free to send it over, I'll get her to take a look.

I don't have a job description or anything, it's someone that I used to work with starting to recruit ready for September time. If she's interested at all, let me know and I'll give you his email address.

One is part time (full time also considered) maternity cover in research grant admin - ~£18k pro rata (for 3 days per week). Life science Masters or PhD required.

The other is full time research comms/admin/event organisation - £23-24k. Science degree desirable.

PM me for details.
^ These are both in London, btw.

Part time - good for someone with kids in school

This is the sports business part of my employers... probably not most fascinating job, but working with nice people in a very supportive company:

Sportbusiness are looking for a new customer service/ sales support team member.

This is a part time role that would be ideal for someone who is passionate about providing great service and has an interest in data.

The hours are not yet fixed but likely to be Monday to Friday 10-2 so would be perfect for someone looking to return to work after taking time out to look after their family.

I can send the job spec if you pm me :)

Another one, from our ads manager this time, possibility for a new graduate. Not the most thrilling job, but very important to our business, working for a loudmouth, sarky very funny bloke if you're game for that

I am looking for someone interested in advertising and exhibition sales to work across the Optimus email newsletters and conferences.

Ideally suited to a recent graduate or someone looking to begin a career in media sales, this is an excellent opportunity to manage your own client base at an early stage of your sales career.

Key Responsibilities include:
- Maximise sales revenues for the education email newsletters
- Sales of exhibition space, sponsorship and leaflet distribution for Optimus conferences and events

- Develop and grow advertising sales on www.teachingexpertise.com
- Achieve and exceed monthly targets
- Source leads from appropriate publications (digital and print), websites and competitor events
- Attend our conferences to assist in the preparation and running of the events
- Maintain a database of contacts
- Invoice clients and help with credit control of payments
- Attend competitor exhibitions to make new contacts and meet with clients

Key Skills
- Good computer knowledge – Word, Excel, Outlook, etc
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both over the phone and in writing
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Maturity and self motivation

- Excellent admin management and attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative

- Excellent telephone manner

- Punctuality
- Previous media sales experience would be an advantage
PM me if interested

Graduate Opportunity

Red Rose Enterprises are proud to offer you this fantastic opportunity to employ a shiny new graduate for the low low price of whatever you are willing to pay!

Having recently graduated with a 2:2 in Philosophy BA Hons this employee comes jam packed with go-getting energy and spirit that you wont find in someone who has been working for a few years. You'll also be getting the advantage of a blank canvass, someone who you can mould to your tastes, who hasn't picked up bad habits from elsewhere in whatever industry it is that you are in.

Having said that you won't be getting nothing for your money, the graduate comes equipped with a basic knowledge of both Microsoft Office and iWork and, with an aptitude for logic and languages comes an aptitude for computer programs - the graduate is easy to train in specific programs and shows a great interest in learning new skills.

But wait! There's more! Your graduate is also creative, resourceful, punctual and willing to work long or odd hours. You also get an excellent telephone manner, a head for numbers and experience in a wide range of customer service roles.

You get it all, the flexibility, the enthusiasm, the eagerness to learn and the huge variety of basic abilities and perks necessary in a good employee. Currently located in North London but willing to travel - snap up your bargain graduate now!

I need a Trainer.

I have a position available working with me as a 'Trainer for Integrated Working'.

The ability to help make Social Workers, Health Workers, Teachers, etc. to feel comfortable with various IT applications is what the job is basically about.

The job is based in Romford :eek: and may require some travelling round area to deliver the training.

Interested? Then drop me a PM.

Integrated Working Service, Children & Young People

Trainer (2 year fixed term contract) Grade P02 £30,681 - £33,177 pay award pending

The main focus of the role will be to manage and deliver training for a basic online directory being developed as part of the Every Child Matters programme to improve outcomes for all children. You will ensure that practitioners understand how to use the system, including information sharing rules, security and audit, all within a broader context of the integrated working programme.

In addition, the role will also provide an opportunity to deliver and develop training within the wider scope of the Integrated Working agenda. Havering’s Integration Team is progressing a number of projects to deliver on integrated working in Children’s Services, such as electronic Common Assessment Framework, Integrated Children’s System, information sharing and locality based practitioner teams. Therefore, the role will not be limited for the right person who wants to make a difference.

You should be a qualified Trainer with knowledge of information governance requirements; including the Data Protection Act and a good working knowledge of current IT systems, e.g. web based applications.

Back
Top Bottom