Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Redundant? Looking for work? Vacancies posted here!

Anyone in the Exeter area or nationwide if can wfh want a competent, experienced and qualified payroll officer from January onwards?

admin and finance coordinator part time (15 hours per week) london based (still some work from home at the moment) for a charity doing music workshop for people in detention centres.
Apologies as I forgot to post this earlier and applications stop at 1PM tomorrow Friday 26th of November.

e2a: removed prison as they work solely in detention centres.

Last edited:
Dr Martens is hiring an Archivist!!

Applications via this link please: Removed by request

Dr. Martens is a globally famous and culturally influential British brand with over 60 years of heritage. Our first boot was sold on the 1st April 1960 hence its name the “1460” and it went on to become an iconic, instantly recognisable product with a timeless appeal that is still relevant to consumers across the world today.

We collaborate with culture and fashion icons, musicians and artists, to produce Dr. Martens boots, shoes and sandals that embody a spirit of rebellious self-expression - the spirit of a DM’s wearer and of our own people.

Our business continues to grow right across the globe, and in January 2021, Dr. Martens became one of the most successful listings on the London Stock Exchange in recent times.

As brand custodians, we are lucky to work for a dynamic, thriving, and ethical business, with people from diverse backgrounds, who bring their true selves to work, and where anyone can grow their career.

THE GIG

This newly created role offers a unique opportunity to lay the foundations for successful records management within Dr Martens. We are looking for someone who can take our current archive to the next level in terms of how we curate it, preserve it, catalogue it, store it, and display it. This is an exciting and significant opportunity to contribute to our brand heritage.

Situated at the heart of one of the most culturally relevant brands of the modern era, this role will ensure Dr Martens heritage remains intact and celebrated. We want to ensure that our history is not only preserved and organised to a professional standard, but that it is fully embedded in the fabric of Dr Martens.

As our Archivist you will be responsible for:

• The development and implementation of effective systems and procedures for the proper management of the company’s records, both written and non-written

• Promoting the history of the company through talks, displays, and use of social media

• Negotiating the buying or donation of new archival material from within and outside the Company

• Ensuring that the archives are stored to ensure long-term preservation and meeting specific conservation needs

THE STUFF THAT SETS YOU APART

Put simply, for this role the key things we’re looking for are:

• A degree/Post-Graduate qualification in Archives Management or Records Management that is recognised by the Archives and Records Association, or an equivalent.

• Experience of managing an archive repository and of implementing and developing digital systems

• Excellent organisational, interpersonal, and communication skills.

• You’ll be a proud custodian of our DM’s culture, embodying what we stand for and encouraging others to do the same

• You will bring the outside-in; you’ll share best practice across the team / business and encourage ideas sharing as well as collaborative problem solving

OUR FUNDAMENTAL QUALITIES

It’s never just a job at Dr.Martens. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe our Fundamentals: INTEGRITY. PROFESSIONAL. PASSIONATE. TEAM PLAYERS.

We’re a diverse bunch who believe each role is as unique as the person who does it.

WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?

• Welcome to the family free pair of docs

• 65% off all docs

• A dedicated culture team focusing on wellness and charity.

• 2 paid volunteer days per year

• 4.30pm Friday finish

• Amazing Camden based offices with roof terrace overlooking the canal

• Private healthcare

Are you ready to fill your boots? Apply now via this link: Removed by request

At Dr. Martens, we are committed to creating an environment where we can all be proud to work and be our best. Part of this commitment is being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, and age.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for a sales-oriented B2B Business Development Manager with enterprise SaaS experience and preferably some exposure to SAP procurement software.

Remote and/or London

Vacancy in my team for a graphic designer, working on all sorts of assets, with lovely team leader. PM me if interested!

Looking for a sales-oriented B2B Business Development Manager with enterprise SaaS experience and preferably some exposure to SAP procurement software.

Remote and/or London
Still looking for the right sales person. If you have some enterprise software sales experience and are smart enough to learn the products you are very much wanted for initially 10 or so hours per week.

I have been there a while, and so long as you put the effort in it's a great place to work.

Data migration job for someone with CMS experience, 2-3 months, going at ours. Dull stuff but may suit a freelancer who wants a more solid bit of work or anyone looking for something temp - drop me a line if interested:
MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png

If you have a laptop, sign up to one of those pay to watch videos sites. I signed up today. Played 20, 40, 60 minutes videos on my personal laptop. Put it on mute and let is play while I got on with my work on my work laptop. Only issue is you need x amount of referrals before you can withdraw the money.

Uhm - anyone want my job? I'm leaving next week - organisation as a whole is a bit of a mess right now but improving, although my team has always got along fine and avoided most of the bullshit, plus manager is lovely.

Editing (digital) journal about commercial property - don't need to have subject area knowledge, but commissioning, writing and editing experience generally what they're after. Actually suprisingly interesting stuff to work on - covers a lot of different topics.

Can be mostly home based, but probably best if you are in a position to get to London fairly regularly; they still haven't mandated any kind of office return but I expect they'll gradually move back to having a day or two a week for each team.

Eton College seeks to recruit an Archives Assistant to support the College Archivist. This is a one-year, fixed-term contract. This role is intended to offer the necessary experience prior to undertaking a postgraduate archive training course or equivalent. You will be introduced to the basic principles of archive management, including appraisal and arrangement, palaeography, basic conservation/preservation techniques, and outreach work such as exhibitions. All relevant training will be given, and the main responsibilities of the post will be to assist with cataloguing, enquiry and outreach work. The successful applicant will also participate in visits to other repositories and in events run by the ARA and the School Archives and Records Association.

The College Archives is the final repository for the historical records of Eton College, preserving and making available the official records of the college’s activities and administration from its foundation in 1440 to the present day. The College Archives is also rich in medieval records that pre-date the foundation of the college, due to the estates gifted to Eton by Henry VI. The archives are mainly concerned with administrative matters until the mid-19th century, when records relating to the school become increasingly dominant. In addition to the college’s own archives, there is an extensive collection of donated material relating to school life such as letters home, diaries of school days and reminiscences.

This role is for 35 hours a week and is intended to run from September 2022.

The closing date for applications is 19th June 2022 at midnight, with interviews intended to take place the w/c 4th July.

For an informal discussion about the post please contact us by email: archives@etoncollege.org.uk

Full details and an application form are available from our website: Removed by request

Last edited by a moderator:

Senior Web Developer needed​

Job at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine in Greater London, WC1E

The London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine is a world-leading centre for research and postgraduate education in public and global health. Our mission is to improve health and health equity in the UK and worldwide; working in partnership to achieve excellence in public and global health research, education and translation of knowledge into policy and practice.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, creative and passionate Senior Web Developer to join London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine on a permanent basis.
The job offers an excellent opportunity to make your mark as a Senior Web Developer, taking on a range of web projects and working with a variety of stakeholders.
You will be a key part of the Web Services team, working on the development of new web applications, and enhancing and improving existing applications.
You will have proven hands-on development experience across the full web stack, using PHP, MySQL, HTML, CSS and JavaScript. You will have worked with PHP frameworks such as Laravel, Codeigniter or Symfony, and with javascript libraries such as Vue, React or Angular.
You will have knowledge of design patterns, coding standards, and workflow practices, with solid experience of version control systems and development tools.
As a senior web developer, you will care deeply about the quality of your work and will be both user and detail focused. You will be creative in solving problems and devising solutions, and confident working across the full stack and development lifecycle. You will be adaptable and flexible, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, and enjoy working collaboratively with end users, stakeholders and other developers.
The post is full time and permanent.
The salary will be on the Professional salary scale Grade 6 in the range £40,611 - £46,119 per annum (inclusive of London Weighting). The post will be subject to the LSHTM terms and conditions of service. Annual leave entitlement is 30 working days per year, pro rata for part time staff. In addition to this there are discretionary “Wellbeing Days”. Membership of the Pension Scheme is available. The post is based in London at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine.
Applications should be made on-line via our website at Jobs at LSHTM. Applications should also include the names and email contacts of two referees who can be contacted immediately if shortlisted. Online applications will be accepted by the automated system until 10pm of the closing date. Any queries regarding the application process may be addressed to jobs@lshtm.ac.uk.
The supporting statement section should set out how your qualifications, experience and training meet each of the selection criteria. Please provide one or more paragraphs addressing each criterion. The supporting statement is an essential part of the selection process and thus a failure to provide this information will mean that the application will not be considered. An answer to any of the criteria such as "Please see attached CV" will not be considered acceptable.

Please use this link to apply for a developer job.

Enterprise SaaS salesperson wanted, preferably with SAP Ariba and/or S/4 Hana experience, or some other source-to-pay track record.

Part-time hours to start with, and as long as you have some tech background and are smart enough to learn the product you should apply.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how well paid subtitling tv and film is? Got sent a job ad and it kinda up my street, but no salary details are provided, which is making me suspect it’s not great.
scifisam mrsfran do you know?

c £25K for professional TV subtitlers with minimal experience. If it's an agency like Rev, they pay per piece.
It’s a company called Deluxe. Think I’ve changed my mind now as on reflection I don’t think I’d be that good at it

Does anyone know how well paid subtitling tv and film is? Got sent a job ad and it kinda up my street, but no salary details are provided, which is making me suspect it’s not great.
scifisam mrsfran do you know?
Had a friend doing this in France, WFH in your jimjams if you want to, but has now moved to something better with her proofreading qualifications, also keep your own timetable as long as you meet the deadlines.

Had a friend doing this in France, WFH in your jimjams if you want to, but has now moved to something better with her proofreading qualifications, also keep your own timetable as long as you meet the deadlines.

That's different to the type of work OU would be looking at. Related, but not the same thing.

I've been doing remote transcription work for years, but with no formal related qualifications. With the amount of proofreading I've had to do of my own stuff, I should be able to just breeze into a proofreading job, surely?

But it's never that simple. All the ads I've seen require a related degree like English Language, which is fair enough. Best I can do is an A* in English GCSE which I got as a mature student (I just turned 60) about 10 years ago.

I could do subtitling, but with ageism who would have me? Even at 60, my hearing's still pin sharp so I can still easily do the odd TS gig here and there.

I've been doing remote transcription work for years, but with no formal related qualifications. With the amount of proofreading I've had to do of my own stuff, I should be able to just breeze into a proofreading job, surely?

But it's never that simple. All the ads I've seen require a related degree like English Language, which is fair enough. Best I can do is an A* in English GCSE which I got as a mature student (I just turned 60) about 10 years ago.

I could do subtitling, but with ageism who would have me? Even at 60, my hearing's still pin sharp so I can still easily do the odd TS gig here and there.
Apply anyway if you have relevant experience, put your experience at the top of your CV, rather than education/training. With luck, a real person will look at your CV, rather than software that filters by keywords.

Back
Top Bottom