Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Racist Chinese commercial stuns viewers

Just seen the (Thai) Seoul Secrets skin lightening ad,even by the low standards of the industry they've managed to surpass themselves

Last edited:
And if you thought skin lightening creams were a new fad here's fela kutti singing about sickness caused by unsafe chemicals in the product in the 70s

That reminds me the Chinese skin lightening cream market is massive,bet the ad agency in question has done a few striking that rich vein of cultural prejudice and self insecurity that fuels a multi billion industry
Here's one from India as example

Everybody wants to be Beautiful.

That's actually a lie, I checked - people were talking and joking about their experiences as vegetarians. It explains your attitude on the thread, though (look at me look at me I eat all the and offally bits of animals you're all going to find disgusting), and the responses you got.
The "giblets", and "offally bits" are the best bits, they make you strong and healthy, perhaps you English should try eating them. The Whole World eats offal, it is not weird it is not a "Bush Tucker Trial" thing, not a Boy challenge, it is not meant to "gross out" people, i am not eating live frogs or live goldfish or eating Dog Food out of a can.
I have found if you go to a foreign country and that if foreigners have been eating these foods for Years, for Centuries, for millennia, no matter how disgusting it might sound to our ears, it is usually good, it is just because we don't eat it as kids, we are not habituated to it, it is like grossing out over Australian Aboriginals eat witchery grubs.

The "giblets", and "offally bits" are the best bits, they make you strong and healthy, perhaps you English should try eating them. The Whole World eats offal, it is not weird it is not a "Bush Tucker Trial" thing, not a Boy challenge, it is not meant to "gross out" people, i am not eating live frogs or live goldfish or eating Dog Food out of a can.
I have found if you go to a foreign country and that if foreigners have been eating these foods for Years, for Centuries, for millennia, no matter how disgusting it might sound to our ears, it is usually good, it is just because we don't eat it as kids, we are not habituated to it, it is like grossing out over Australian Aboriginals eat witchery grubs.
If I might get a word in edgeways while you pause for breath, English people do eat offal. Not all of them, it's true, but it's not like the entire world eats them either.

You think the English don't eat offal? :confused:

And there's no such thing as a witchery grub.

I am trying to think a part of the World that i have been to that doesn't eat offal? Thai people certainly do, Turks do, the kids that play at the back of me, (African), certainly do, all the Vietnamese Restaurants around here serve offal, the more authentic Chinese restaurant that i frequent definitely does, they serve Pig's Intestines served with Blood Curd, Beef Tendon, Pig's Trotters, Tripe, and probably other things I can't remember, all my African friends eat offal, Greeks eat tripe.

You think the English don't eat offal? :confused:

And there's no such thing as a witchery grub.
Barely, English turn up their noses when i tell what i eat, sheep brains, Pig's feet, cow skin, cow feet, fish stomachs, tendons, tripe, tongue, Pig's ears, the best recipes for offal are NOT English.

I am trying to think a part of the World that i have been to that doesn't eat offal? Thai people certainly do, Turks do, the kids that play at the back of me, (African), certainly do, all the Vietnamese Restaurants around here serve offal, the more authentic Chinese restaurant that i frequent definitely does, they serve Pig's Intestines served with Blood Curd, Beef Tendon, Pig's Trotters, Tripe, and probably other things I can't remember, all my African friends eat offal, Greeks eat tripe.
Come back when you've finished thinking

Is that the best you can do? How about discussing some of these subjects instead.
You aren't contributing to a discussion but blustering and asserting. When someone points out as I did above that you're wrong you don't take it well. Now you say everyone everywhere eats offal. Newsflash: jains don't. And many other groups and individuals don't.

Barely, English turn up their noses when i tell what i eat, sheep brains, Pig's feet, cow skin, cow feet, fish stomachs, tendons, tripe, tongue, Pig's ears, the best recipes for offal are NOT English.

No, not barely. Tripe, tongue, and pigs feet are commonly eaten by Brits.

Liver and bacon is almost a national dish here, as is devilled kidneys. Blood sausage (black pudding) is revered here and the Scots have been using liver and lights (lungs) in haggis for centuries.

I recently spent an evening with Orang Utan in a London restaurant, eating pigs colons. They were delicious.

You are quite ignorant about British food culture and deluded if you think that you are somehow more experienced with regard to what you've eaten. You're really not.

No, not barely. Tripe, tongue, and pigs feet are commonly eaten by Brits.

Liver and bacon is almost a national dish here, as is devilled kidneys. Blood sausage (black pudding) is revered here and the Scots have been using liver and lights (lungs) in haggis for centuries.

I recently spent an evening with Orang Utan in a London restaurant, eating pigs colons. They were delicious.

You are quite ignorant about British food culture and deluded if you think that you are somehow more experienced with regard to what you've eaten. You're really not.
He's reminiscent of a bigoted pub bore, who drags discussion to a pet subject and then won't shut up about it

Last edited:
You aren't contributing to a discussion but blustering and asserting. When someone points out as I did above that you're wrong you don't take it well. Now you say everyone everywhere eats offal. Newsflash: jains don't. And many other groups and individuals don't.
Jains? Fucking Jains! How many Jains are there?

Quote: "As per the 2001 census, there are only 4,451,753 Jains in the 1.21 billion population of India," -I have been to india, never met one never seen a Jain Restaurant in the UK,

- it seems only Religion stops people eating certain food Pork and seafood for Jews, Pork for Muslims, beef for Hindus etc etc and so on.

Jains? Fucking Jains! How many Jains are there?

Quote: "As per the 2001 census, there are only 4,451,753 Jains in the 1.21 billion population of India," -I have been to india, never met one never seen a Jain Restaurant in the UK,

- it seems only Religion stops people eating certain food Pork and seafood for Jews, Pork for Muslims, beef for Hindus etc etc and so on.
Take a deep breath and count to ten.

Back
Top Bottom