Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question Time tonight

She seemed to go very close, if not fully into climate denialism, which I thought the BBC had got rid of, by keeping Nigel Lawson et al away from panels. "It's too expensive to keep our planet habitable" is such a bullshit argument she should have had her mic muted right there.

The economist was exactly the sort of Quisling piece of shit you’d expect from the profession. He patronisingly suggested that the reason the public were fed up was because the government hadn’t done a good enough job at communicating how brilliant their energy policies are.
Standard for someone about to be a Truss appointee to some board or other.

Have David walliams and Karan ever been seen in the same room?
Scully proper fucked up with, ' it's been building up' to, 'give it time it's only been since friday' :D .

How do this people end up on QT? Are they pushed by the tory hierachy, are they asked by the Beeb, do they put themselves forward.
I can't help wondering about agenda's.

I can't be the only one who felt a tiny bit sorry for Paul Scully. Totally out of his depth, sitting next to handsome alpha male Richard Bacon who had the audience in the palm of his hand. The beads of sweat on the poor guy's forehead as it went on. I think everyone on that panel was a bit pitiful towards him. How do you possibly defend this. No amount of media training can cover it up.

Paul Scully has been put up as the government's human shield this evening. Hopefully he gets a pummeling, although Richard Bacon's also on, so the after-show party might be good.

That Scully fuck couldn't be any less likeable if he tried. I'm reminded of Stewart Lee's observation that "Truss’s cabinet is composed of the indistinct particles of grey-green matter that get caught in the plughole when you wash up after an especially stodgy Sunday roast".

That Scully fuck couldn't be any less likeable if he tried. I'm reminded of Stewart Lee's observation that "Truss’s cabinet is composed of the indistinct particles of grey-green matter that get caught in the plughole when you wash up after an especially stodgy Sunday roast".

The Tories did have a few competent media performers in their ranks in Boris's cabinet. She sacked all of them. So we end up with Paul Scully lol.

I can't be the only one who felt a tiny bit sorry for Paul Scully. Totally out of his depth, sitting next to handsome alpha male Richard Bacon who had the audience in the palm of his hand. The beads of sweat on the poor guy's forehead as it went on. I think everyone on that panel was a bit pitiful towards him. How do you possibly defend this. No amount of media training can cover it up.
I suspect you were.

Scully voted for Truss; you get what you wish for. Feel sorry for a tory; I don't think so. They choose to nail their flag to that mast, let them live and die by it.

The Tories did have a few competent media performers in their ranks in Boris's cabinet. She sacked all of them. So we end up with Paul Scully lol.
Personally, I think he did well not to stab himself in the eye with his pen. He should be promoted.

Btw, the next Question Time is in London. That's helpful, London's a big place. Is it being recorded near to where I live or somewhere far flung like Hounslow or Hackney or Hendon or Croydon 😡

Btw, the next Question Time is in London. That's helpful, London's a big place. Is it being recorded near to where I live or somewhere far flung like Hounslow or Hackney or Hendon or Croydon 😡
Enough of the far flung; if it was gonna be in a place as important as Croydon, they'd have said so.

I just watched the opening 7 minutes and Richard Bacon absolutely massacred that gormless prick! He asked the audience "who's more worried about the finances and the economy after the budget?" - every audience member put up their hand. Then he asked who felt better about the economy and no audience member put up their hand. The majority (or a plurality) of the audience voted tory apparently. Fucking clown-car regime.

I just watched the opening 7 minutes and Richard Bacon absolutely massacred that gormless prick! He asked the audience "who's more worried about the finances and the economy after the budget?" - every audience member put up their hand. Then he asked who felt better about the economy and no audience member put up their hand. The majority (or a plurality) of the audience voted tory apparently. Fucking clown-car regime.

Haha, that was a cheap trick but quite effective. Particularly considering Fiona Bruce kept banging on about how this was a 'Conservative voting audience'

I still feel sorry for Scully, sorry. He was at least a little more lucid than his glorious leader though.

Haha, that was a cheap trick but quite effective. Particularly considering Fiona Bruce kept banging on about how this was a 'Conservative voting audience'

I still feel sorry for Scully, sorry. He was at least a little more lucid than his glorious leader though.

Scully had it easy - Richard Bacon, some business man and Anne Mcelvoy. Imagine if Mick Lynch was there? He would have chewed him up and spat him out.

Back
Top Bottom