Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question Time tonight

It was a slightly odd party line-up, with current and former Tory ministers, and an MP and an activist from Labour.

it's doing the rounds on tweeter (for what that's worth) that she has stood for election for the national front a couple of times in the past
Yes I have seen that. Wonder why she was allowed her rant without interruption or why the BBCQT decided to tweet that particular clip.
I saw it was covered by a Scottish paper on Saturday but not much reaction from the ex Fleet St papers. Normalising racism is well out of order & this is what the BBC has done while still trying to argue their impartiality. This show should be properly scrutinised as it might not have large viewing figures, it does seem to set the political agenda.

Funny how they are the bastion of decency and empathy and paternalism when England football players are being racially abused, but when the time comes they drop the ball and hide.

That ‘present a range of opinions to show balance‘ bollocks. BBC is appalling for this sort of thing. Actual harmful shit, especially on stuff like climate change where they’ll stick some wilfully ignorant crank like Lawson on to ‘balance’ the facts presented by actual scientists. BBC is appalling for this sort of thing.

surprised they didn’t trot out the usual ‘generating debate’ defence too.

That ‘present a range of opinions to show balance‘ bollocks. BBC is appalling for this sort of thing. Actual harmful shit, especially on stuff like climate change where they’ll stick some wilfully ignorant crank like Lawson on to ‘balance’ the facts presented by actual scientists. BBC is appalling for this sort of thing.

Newsnight had Lord someone-or-other (not Lawson) on last night, advocating the expansion of Heathrow. As well as taking a punt on future technology saving us all, apparently planes would be able to go directly to Brazil if the runway was built, rather than via Madrid. He didn't say, and nor was he asked by Barnett, how this would compare with this increase in the net number of flights.

Newsnight had Lord someone-or-other (not Lawson) on last night, advocating the expansion of Heathrow. As well as taking a punt on future technology saving us all, apparently planes would be able to go directly to Brazil if the runway was built, rather than via Madrid. He didn't say, and nor was he asked by Barnett, how this would compare with this increase in the net number of flights.
He knows planes have steering right?

How they think that the MOTD audience would be happy to watch MBB I cannot think.

It's long been reported that Aunty would cancel regular programming and air comedy shows in the event of Brenda's death. I guess we've just had a preview of what they truely think of her :D

It's long been reported that Aunty would cancel regular programming and air comedy shows in the event of Brenda's death. I guess we've just had a preview of what they truely think of her :D
Comedy not Mrs Brown's Boys. Maybe amusing for the first episode/s but utter shite after. I think I would prefer 'Are you being served' or 'It ain't half hot mum' to that shite.

Apology for taken the thread off topic of the fucking joke that is now QT.

Back
Top Bottom