Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question Time tonight

Keegan seemed very much out of her depth. After her restrictions fuck-up on the radio a couple of week's ago, I imagine Dom will keep her locked up from the media for a bit.

It was quite funny watching her squirm out of calling Trump a total cunt though.

Eileen the tory will break the lockdown rules because she has a massive garden and a big house, and she needs help. Can we help Eileen ?
:mad:
Nicky Morgan trying to get out of a hole about free meals for children told Bridgette phillipson, ' you might have got it through if one of our mps wasn't called scum' !
The man from ovo could talk a fucking glass eye to sleep.

Morgan also made the observation that Johnson knows when to walk away, without citing innumerable women and children as evidence. See also the climate debate and Andrew Neil interview at the election last year.

Chris Philp using Patel, Sunak and Javid as evidence that the Tories don't have a racism problem, when asked about the report into Islamophobia. Two of them are Hindu and the other is without a faith, but you know.

He totally missed Bonnie Greer's points which went straight over his head.
Someone said Bonnie was showing Philip respect which she contradicted and said no she wasn't :D

Fair play to Bruce for pointing out to Oliver Dowden that an "Australia-style" deal would be the same as an Ethiopia, or Somalia deal, i.e. a total lack of a deal.

Saw a lot of praise for rosie jones on twitter for this,annoyed with myself for forgetting it was thursday, from the clips i saw hancock did not look totally comfortable .

I was surprised he was on there, to be honest, as they don't often have senior front benchers from the government on.

Made sense to be in there - questions about vaccines and all.

Rosie was great, felt she could have pressed more about disability discrimination, the massive over representation of disabled people dying from Covid etc, but easy for me to say from my armchair obvs. The head patting answers from Lammy Hancock and that other chap boiled my piss somewhat.

Anyone see it?, from Barking, bit fiery, not at first with such a right wing panel, but then a homeless guy was getting very angry and pretty unpleasant about immigration and "how as an indigenous local he is being unfairly treated", we didn't get to hear his final words and he walked out and was shouted down by the liberal audience, which considering the BNP have had numerous council seats in the area didn't seem completely representative. What was surprising was that Rachel Reeves, usually just a robot , went off message and got quite angry with the audience, saying, "they shouldn't have shouted him down" and they won't change people's opinions by doing so, and that ultimately people would concur with him on something's.

My local MP. Well, I say local, she doesn't even have a home within 100 miles of Leeds.

I know they like to do something relatively light hearted in the final ten minutes, but did we really need a plug for Netflix accompanied by a monarchic brown-nosing?

It was quite refreshing to hear the editor of the Speccy give his predecessor a bit of a hard time.

Only one MP on the panel tonight (don't get excited; it's Nadhim Zahawi). From Swansea, so there are two are Welsh Assembly members. Fair enough.

Less acceptable is that there's two (two!) Lords in the line-up. Tanni Grey-Thompson might say something interesting; with Claire Fox it's very doubtful.

Really horrible culture wars, trying to pit public against private sector staff.

Did anyone go old school cunt and say ‘the productive part of the economy’? There should be a high-powered ejector seat for such an eventuality. And no hole in the roof.

I think some of the subjects Question Time covers are worthy of discussion; however, I'm not sure the best of discussing them is in two minute soundbites by people not professionally schooled in the subjects. It then becomes fairly worthless, and doesn't serve to educate the public at all.

Anyone watch this?

Nadhim Zahawi was on it again and as usual couldn’t answer questions. Was at pains to reiterate the governments 13m vaccinations target by mid-Feb.

Back
Top Bottom