Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question Time tonight

Bruce's patronising little comments are just cringe. Urghh, where she said the word that lady was stammering on... no fucking need, just smug.

Bruce annoyed me when she said the audience had been selected to take into account the election result.
So there were more Tories in the audience despite Liverpool as usual overwhelmingly voting Labour. Surely the QT audiences should actually be representative of how said towns and cities vote and actually have people who look and sound like they're from them? Bizarre.

Bruce annoyed me when she said the audience had been selected to take into account the election result.
So there were more Tories in the audience
despite Liverpool as usual overwhelmingly voting Labour. Surely the QT audiences should actually be representative of how said towns and cities vote and actually have people who look and sound like they're from them? Bizarre.
I rewound that twice thinking I'd misheard.
and actually have people who look and sound like they're from them? Bizarre.
What do scousers look like then ? :facepalm:

I read that more as a criticism of the audience selection on QT that a dig at how scousers look.
Maybe the first bit I put in bold. The latter might have been worded badly ? How do you represent a diverse city. Merseyside is a large area with a range of accents. St Helens etc..

I just looked up this Lawrence Fox and frankly am still none the wiser. Why are they having on QT some z-lister who is apparently most famous for a supporting role on a mediocre semi-popular spin-off of a show that was on TV some decades ago?

So there were more Tories in the audience despite Liverpool as usual overwhelmingly voting Labour. Surely the QT audiences should actually be representative of how said towns and cities vote and actually have people who look and sound like they're from them? Bizarre.

I was wondering what she meant by it too. The Tories won 56% of the seats on 44% of the vote, or 29% of the electorate. So were just over half Tory voters, just under half, or less than a third?

I was wondering what she meant by it too. The Tories won 56% of the seats on 44% of the vote, or 29% of the electorate. So were just over half Tory voters, just under half, or less than a third?
Precisely. Labour working with the other progressive parties should get behind PR.

Maybe the first bit I put in bold. The latter might have been worded badly ? How do you represent a diverse city. Merseyside is a large area with a range of accents. St Helens etc..

They went on to talk about QT audience selection in general, not just Merseyside.

Surely the QT audiences should actually be representative of how said towns and cities vote and actually have people who look and sound like they're from them? Bizarre.

💩

The light has been turned down on the age of reason
Replaced by blinding fires that burn wild across the region
For the wrong to rule
The good must just stand idly by

It's about this isn't it.

metro said:
He also argued that white people could potentially become a minority. ‘I’ve got nine nephews and nieces and none of them are white,’ he went on. ‘So, it’s not like we’re dealing with a world where the white man is going to be around for that many more generations.’

Back
Top Bottom