Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question Time tonight

What was Hartley-Brewer basing her assertion that fracking would bring down CO2 emissions on? It can surely only be if it replaces coal or possibly other gas as a energy source.

The audience member who suggested that Extinction Rebellion participants were "probably off their heads" should've been challenged.

What was Hartley-Brewer basing her assertion that fracking would bring down CO2 emissions on? It can surely only be if it replaces coal or possibly other gas as a energy source.

The audience member who suggested that Extinction Rebellion participants were "probably off their heads" should've been challenged.
It’s better than coal or transporting gas from Russia. That’s her argument.

Can't say I enjoyed that awful Dragon's Den bloke and his gaslighting of Rupert Read. shouting that he's delusional mid sentence. Stupid capitalist twit

It’s better than coal or transporting gas from Russia. That’s her argument.

I see, as I suspected. That's the problem with QT, and indeed most media debates: that their soundbite formats don't provide the opportunity to discuss the nuances of a statement.

Question Time Extra Time was worth listening to this week, just for one of their "Extra Timers", a woman from Bristol who seemed to hate everything and opined about how better society was during the war.

if you know him shop him
19874056-7587353-image-m-2_1571384968602.jpg

I'd like to ask people like Martin Daubney, or any of the other die-hard Brexiteers, if there was a point where it clicked for them that the UK leaving the EU was the most important political thing for them. His Wikipedia entry says that he's supported Labour, the Lib Dems and the Women's Equality Party in the past, all of whom (I think) have a majority of members who are pro-Europe.

Which producer thought the following was a good question to have on?

"Isn't it time for MPs to ratify the deal and get Brexit done?"

It must be. I'd guess he was a similar age to me (mid-thirties), so surely he must remember the Troubles from an English perspective.

To be fair, she didn't claim it to be the gospel truth, only that she thought it was the case. She may apologise next week, although I don't think Dimbles, for all his faults, would've made that mistake.

To be fair, she didn't claim it to be the gospel truth, only that she thought it was the case. She may apologise next week, although I don't think Dimbles, for all his faults, would've made that mistake.
She has an earpiece with producers speaking to her. They could have checked & she could have corrected herself later on. Did she ever apologise to Diane Abbott?

She has an earpiece with producers speaking to her. They could have checked & she could have corrected herself later on. Did she ever apologise to Diane Abbott?
When I was watching it I thought that "fact" came from the producers. She kind of paused before she said it, as if they were talking in her ear.

When I was watching it I thought that "fact" came from the producers. She kind of paused before she said it, as if they were talking in her ear.
Even more of a reason for her to apologise on behalf of herself & the whole production team. She belittled the questioner who was right.

Back
Top Bottom