Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Push Up Brentford - Premier League 22/23

Boredom. So young, so much money. Gambling is just one of the vices some footballers succumb to, drinking was another. There are a few high profile footballers who were alcoholics.
less so these days i expect, fitness demands dont allow for it ??

less so these days i expect, fitness demands dont allow for it ??
I wouldn't bet on it, but I'm less in touch with current crops of footballers. Certainly one or two England internationals had issues with the bottle, but like you say, that was then.

Yes Fulham can play a good game, turned palace over :oops: at home as well
but if you win tonight it really adds up to a close run thing, maybe even a trip to Europe .

Nice attacking starting 11 for us. Damsgaard starting when we have pretty much a fully fit squad, hopefully another master stroke from the boss.

Last edited:
so many footballers have gambling problems....i find it hard to understand why bother when you're getting paid such huge amounts
It's baffling, idk how they even have time to be bored. It's a throw everything at it career for 5-15 years if lucky. 20 if you are 1 in a billion. Large pile of cash, not much free time, so you gamble? The fuck? Might as well go buy a round at every pub in town, it would get more response and enjoyment for the price than betting does.

It's baffling, idk how they even have time to be bored. It's a throw everything at it career for 5-15 years if lucky. 20 if you are 1 in a billion. Large pile of cash, not much free time, so you gamble? The fuck? Might as well go buy a round at every pub in town, it would get more response and enjoyment for the price than betting does.
In the days when I knew about this, they trained in the morning and the afternoon was free time. They also got a couple of free days in the week.

In the days when I knew about this, they trained in the morning and the afternoon was free time. They also got a couple of free days in the week.
And with virtually unlimited resources they bet on stuff tho that's what gets me. They have a free day and can basically do anything at all and that's what they picked to do? Not go and do things most people can't even dream of, throw money away.

I can see addiction is obviously a thing but why they even start to begin with when they could do absolutely anything else. Versus someone trying to win big to get out of a bad situation and getting sucked in.

And with virtually unlimited resources they bet on stuff tho that's what gets me. They have a free day and can basically do anything at all and that's what they picked to do? Not go and do things most people can't even dream of, throw money away.

I can see addiction is obviously a thing but why they even start to begin with when they could do absolutely anything else. Versus someone trying to win big to get out of a bad situation and getting sucked in.
One or two players I knew either played golf or went fishing.
I could think of other things to do with all that money on a free day, but hey

Footballers have mandated rest days when they're basically banned from doing anything - even carrying groceries from the shop. They are quite constrained in what they can do on those free days. I can see how you could get into gambling as a way to pass the time when you're not allowed to exercise.

Back
Top Bottom