Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Push Up Brentford - Premier League 22/23

See we've got the lad Peart-Harris in on loan from you - you seen much of him or has he played youth only?
Only seen him once I think, as a sub in a cup game last season and couldn't really judge from that. He's been part of our B team last season. We've cleared a few of them out this season and loaned out a few others, presumably those who we think can still develop further and come back to us better. Will be interesting to see how he fares

Only seen him once I think, as a sub in a cup game last season and couldn't really judge from that. He's been part of our B team last season. We've cleared a few of them out this season and loaned out a few others, presumably those who we think can still develop further and come back to us better. Will be interesting to see how he fares
Cheers for that! Saw a bit elsewhere since I posted, apparently he was at Chelsea before you and seen as really promising, but then I suppose that goes for all their youth. He may well get minutes straight off against Brighton tonight in the League Cup as we've a small squad and a few out already.

See we've got the lad Peart-Harris in on loan from you - you seen much of him or has he played youth only?
Good little player at times but lacks consistency. He wasn’t always a starter for the B team last season, he’s a longggggggg way off the 1st team. Hopefully this loan will do him good.

• Crystal Palace v Brentford could become the first fixture in English top-flight history to see the first three meetings at this level between two sides end goalless, with both games ending 0-0 in 2021-22.

• Crystal Palace v Brentford could become the first fixture in English top-flight history to see the first three meetings at this level between two sides end goalless, with both games ending 0-0 in 2021-22.
Hope not as I'm going to be there in the away end tonight! That said I'll take a draw over a loss, as I think in Viera, Palace have got themselves a smart manager who is taking their team forward. A fair amount will depend on who we have fit to play in the centre of defence tonight, and how much game two of the new signings are ready for (KLP and Damsgaard)

we were unlucky not to nick the game at the end, and overall I thought we were the better team, marginally.

but what a goal from Zaha. could have been more goals in the game too with a bit more luck / better finishing from either side

Very entertaining game y/day. Toney’s hatrick was superb. Ben Mee has been superb for us and on a free too.

We have loads of strength in depth and easily the best Brentford squad of all time.

So exciting.

A superb penalty, a superb free kick and a superb chip in open play would be a
strong shout for a top drawer hatrick.

It's inevitable he'll leave and I don't have a problem with that, I'd love to see him continue to progress and play for England regularly, play in the Champions League etc.

He helped get us into the Prem, helped keep us there and will help us push on this season so going to enjoy him whilst we have him.

With the Brentford recruitment model they've been thinking about this for some time.

Don't Brentford use the Moneyball method of recruiting?

If so they've done an amazing job. Have really enjoyed watching them so far this season.

(Mind you, I've really enjoyed watching Forest as well, so who am I to comment!)

It's inevitable he'll leave and I don't have a problem with that, I'd love to see him continue to progress and play for England regularly, play in the Champions League etc.

He helped get us into the Prem, helped keep us there and will help us push on this season so going to enjoy him whilst we have him.

With the Brentford recruitment model they've been thinking about this for some time.
Not necessarily as it is now clear that playing for the bees doesnt prevent an England call up.. Look at Zaha. There is also a thought that Wan Bissaka might leave the moaners and maybe even head back home to Palace

If I was a pro footballer and the chance came to move to a club where (e.g.) I’d get to play in the Champions League it would be hard to turn down that opportunity.

The next few years are his prime and it’s going to take us Bees at least 5 years to be vying for a spot.

I’d love if he’s with us this and next season.

If I was a pro footballer and the chance came to move to a club where (e.g.) I’d get to play in the Champions League it would be hard to turn down that opportunity.

The next few years are his prime and it’s going to take us Bees at least 5 years to be vying for a spot.

I’d love if he’s with us this and next season.
One of the keys is how long left on his contract. A sale is often inevitable in the last year of the players contract for fear of losing them on a free.

Don't Brentford use the Moneyball method of recruiting?

If so they've done an amazing job. Have really enjoyed watching them so far this season.

(Mind you, I've really enjoyed watching Forest as well, so who am I to comment!)
An old video and is on last seasons thread.

Glad I didn't go to the game today either. Newcastle and back with a whacking in between. Better to come from us I'm sure, with some tactical tweaks and players back from injury

Back
Top Bottom