Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Professional football and coronavirus

editor

hiraethified
Good to see one manager coming up with the kind of statement every manager should be saying:

Klopp says full Liverpool squad vaccinated for ‘solidarity and togetherness’

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp revealed that player and worker at the Axa training ground has been at least double jabbed.

While speaking passionately about the vaccine, Klopp said: “The whole vaccination thing for me, is a question of solidarity, loyalty and togetherness.

“There are no two possible answers, there is only one so we do it.”

The manager said all staff plan to receive their boosters as soon as they’re able to.

Football at all levels has a big problem with players - influential star names -choosing to 'do their own research' and not get vaccinated and it fucking sucks.

What he wrote in the matchday programme:
My message around this has always been simple and clear, I hope: I trust experts. I follow the advice of smart, educated people who know their field because they’ve dedicated their lives to it and have studied it ... Ignore those who pretend to know. Ignore lies and misinformation. Listen to people who know best. If you do that, you end up wanting the vaccine and the booster ... Clearly we hope disruption is minimal, but that’s not in our hands and nor should it be. Again, we must trust those who know best, those with the knowledge. We just want as many people as possible to be safe. Health has to be the priority always. Health of participants, staff and supporters.”

I wonder whether the clubs insurance or indeed individual players’ income protection / career earnings insurance or whatever they have would cover being forced to retire due to covid if they weren’t vaccinated?

Back
Top Bottom