Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Prince Andrew, Duke of York, named in underage 'sex slave' lawsuit

I love her she's brilliant apparently even Nicola Sturgeon is a fan of her Nicola Sturgeon impressions.
As for He Who Cannot Sweat, he left the Navy with the real rank of Commander which he arguably actually earned. His promotions up to Admiral are entirely a result of who his Mum is.
Appropriately he is a vice admiral, no other rank would better suit him

As for He Who Cannot Sweat, he left the Navy with the real rank of Commander which he arguably actually earned. His promotions up to Admiral are entirely a result of who his Mum is.

His mum never let him become full admiral cos of him shagging minors supplied by a convicted paedophile. With no hint of irony she said cos of his sleazy behaviour he must remain a vice admiral.

His mum never let him become full admiral cos of him shagging minors supplied by a convicted paedophile. With no hint of irony she said cos of his sleazy behaviour he must remain a vice admiral.
Not true actually. He was made up to a vice admiral in 2015 and was due t become an Admiral last year on his 60th birthday, HE chose to defer his promotion due to his current self imposed step back from royal duties.

Not true actually. He was made up to a vice admiral in 2015 and was due t become an Admiral last year on his 60th birthday, HE chose to defer his promotion due to his current self imposed step back from royal duties.
Did he not leave the Navy decades ago? So how can he get promoted when he doesn't work there anymore? It's like me discovering I'm now the manager of the supermarket I stopped working at in 1990... 🤷‍♀️

Did he not leave the Navy decades ago? So how can he get promoted when he doesn't work there anymore? It's like me discovering I'm now the manager of the supermarket I stopped working at in 1990... 🤷‍♀️
Any chance you can use your time travelling supermarket management heft to square me away some boxes of Marathons and big bags of Opal Fruits (preferably at 1990 prices)?

Popular opinion turns against the monarchy, government under pressure offers a referendum and republicans win it. Much like Brexit. We may even see a Republican Party applying voting pressure in a similar way UKIP did, and I would suggest that a large part of the reason the public tend to favour the monarchy is lack of exposure to republican arguments.

I don't see it happening in the immediate, but I would be surprised if it doesn't happen in the next 20 years. I mean come on, just look at the state of it.
I must confess, as a life-long republican, I have never felt as excited about the prospects of getting rid of the royals as I do now. They have faltered and need a helping shove to put them on their way.

As I see it, currently 15 or 16 countries recognise Elizabeth as their sovereign. I suspect immediately prior, or very close to Elizabeth disembarking, that number may further decline. If one of the big countries, say Australia or Canada, ditch her, it could be the impetus and loss of prestige required to move Britain in the right direction also.

I must confess, as a life-long republican, I have never felt as excited about the prospects of getting rid of the royals as I do now. They have faltered and need a helping shove to put them on their way.

As I see it, currently 15 or 16 countries recognise Elizabeth as their sovereign. I suspect immediately prior, or very close to Elizabeth disembarking, that number may further decline. If one of the big countries, say Australia or Canada, ditch her, it could be the impetus and loss of prestige required to move Britain in the right direction also.
I can't see Canada ditching the crown any time soon - it would open up a huge can of constitutional worms, putting Quebec independence back on the agenda, and leaving the First Nations in an even more untenable situation, and maybe even reviving Western Canada separatism as a force.

It's 16 but will soon be 15 as Barbados aims to become as republic by November this year, Of the remainder the important ones are Australia, Canada and New Zealand (plus us of course) the rest are mostly little islands except for Jamaica and Papua New Guinea.
Brenda has been there so long that major reform has become unthinkable whilst she still breathes. She was on the throne when I was born, I'm a year or two from retirement and she's still there. Chucky taking over will be the trigger for change I'm sure. We're stuck with the Royals at least until the death of Billy the Bald (who I am convinced has a very good chance of being the last ever English King) but a few years into Chucky's reign (and let's face it, it's not likely to be all that long) most of the other countries will have dropped the monarchy.
My money is on Australia being the first of the Big Three being the one to drop him.

Back
Top Bottom