Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Post your most controversial food/drink opinions

Tea is too British to be acceptable. If I really wanted to be peak British I'd live in a red phonebox and drive a double decker bus in the rain singing cockney songs about what a wanker I am. But a cup of tea would be too far.

Fatty cuts do not taste better and the mouthfeel is crap too
I don't completely agree, but I do understand that to an extent - I have a textural issue with fat on meat sometimes. Depends what is done with it, but I do get what you mean.

aw man, I love meat fat. I've been listening to that Off Menu podcast and I think my side dish choice would be a medley of fats - lardo, chicken skin, lamb/pork chop rinds, bacon rinds, etc etc

I do like chicken skin, I roast a chicken probably every other week - it does me for a few days but the skin is best when freshly roasted and I sometimes just stand in the kitchen and pull the skin off the thing and eat it :D :oops:

Tinned tomatoes in cooked dishes are usually better and cheaper than fresh, plus they don't need peeling.

Largely agree with that, but I do a spicy prawn linguine which really benefits from a couple of fresh tomatoes chopped and cooked with garlic, olive oil, and white wine - tinned toms are too heavy for that (the effect I am going for is a few diced bits of tomato, rather than a reduced sauce). But yeah in general where a tomato sauce is required, tinned are excellent.

Back
Top Bottom