Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Possible serious side effects from the Astra Zeneca vaccine discussion

"Other countries" didnt have access to vaccines or as speedy a delivery system as the UK. Dont forget that AZ and other vaccines were not in short supply in the UK.
They got vaccines into people very quickly...so there wasn't a time lag.

Also, the worst reactions were not documented quickly in the UK. I mean where was the data? Dont tell me that people in the UK did not suffer blood clots or other adverse effects.

Drs over here are all asking the same question. Where was the UK data all this time?
Was there a deliberate witholding of data on severe reactions to AZ? And if so...why?
I would be very surprised if there was any deliberate withholding of data, our systems are very robust, with various independent bodies over seeing them. Plus if data had been withheld, such things are likely to be leaked, and I can't see them taking the risk on it back firing on them like that, and making the whole situation a lot worst.

Onto ignore again fi

Do you have links for your above assertions?

AstraZeneca denied clotting issues on March 14th.

Based on UK figures.

Yet it's clear that there have been issues. Enough for numerous other countries to proceed with caution in administering AZ to certain age groups. Enough for the EU and US to proceed with caution.

Astrazeneca has not been great at providing accurate data on a range of information from day one. Their trial data have been released and then updated and altered. It's a messy vaccine. It's what happens when there's a rush to create a vaccine without the usual 4 or 5 years of trials.

I'm not posting this to put people off being vaccinated.
But there are reasons why Germany, Norway, Netherlands, Canada, Ireland, the US are being extremely cautious regarding AZ. The list of 79 pages of AZ issues posted by AZ was not released until recently despite millions of doses being given to the UK population.

I would be very surprised if there was any deliberate withholding of data, our systems are very robust, with various independent bodies over seeing them. Plus if data had been withheld, such things are likely to be leaked, and I can't see them taking the risk on it back firing on them like that.

Yet other countries spotted these problems as early as early March
Controversy regarding blood clots

In early March 2021, the Danish Health Authority put vaccination with Vaxzevria on hold following reports of severe cases of blood clots.
The EMA noted that 30 cases of blood clots, or thrombosis, had occurred following Vaxzevria administration to around 5 million people in the European Economic Area. This included one fatal case in Denmark.
In particular, the EMA observed thrombosis cases alongside thrombocytopenia, which is a condition of low blood platelet counts. It also observed multiple types of thrombosis, including unusual cases of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis, which is a rare occurrence of blood clots in the brain."

To be honest?
《Personal experience》edited

Oh and as for Border Reiver ? Just fuck off would you?
Put me back on ignore..cos you're not a useful or helpful poster. You're one of those "I know better than you cos I'm a mental health manager" types...
Jesus ... protect us from "mental health managers" 🙄
Funny how they never actually manage to help anyone's mental health. I guess if they did they'd be out of a fucking job. Wouldn't they?

Last edited:
To be honest?
Sitting looking at my sister who was an extremely intelligent witty lovely human being....now struggling to speak has somewhat influenced my opinion...

Put me back on ignore..cos you're not a useful or helpful poster. You're one of those "I know better than you cos I'm a mental health manager" types...
Funny how they never actually manage to help anyone's mental health. I guess if they did they'd be out of a fucking job. Wouldn't they?
Has he claimed to be a mental health manager? I'm not surprised - I've met more than a few of these "I'm right, and you can fuck off" types in that very context. All framed terribly politely, but that's a thin veneer over their disdain for the rest of us.

To be honest?
Sitting looking at my sister who was an extremely intelligent witty lovely human being....now struggling to speak has somewhat influenced my opinion...

Yes, it clearly has, and I know its upsetting, but you're a bit all over the place with this issue, saying things like the vaccine is 'messy' (what does even mean?) and repeating stuff that it's been rushed and not tested properly, and now hinting there's been some conspiracy to with hold data about the issue. It's far more likely your sister had a stroke completely unconnected to anything to do with the vaccine, it happens to thousands of people every year in the UK, as I said in another post I know a handful myself in the last 5 or so years.

To be honest?

Put me back on ignore..cos you're not aT useful or helpful poster. You're one of those "I know better than you cos I'm a mental health manager" types...
Such ignorant evidence free generalisations just make you look gormless.

Oh ... you're telling me now what happened to my sister?
TBF, Sugar Kane, I don't think that's what he is doing, even if it's feeling like that to you.

Please don't take this as anything other than care, but I wonder how helpful it is to you to be participating in this discussion, which is largely "big picture" epidemiology stuff, while you're going through the awful day to day reality of supporting a family member post-stroke.

Cut yourself some slack, and take a bit of a step back, and be as kind to yourself as you'd be to someone else in your shoes.

On the stroke front, remember that the brain is an amazing organ with remarkable powers of recuperation. With lots of help, and decent rehabilitation, your sister could well make a recovery that, right now, may not look too likely. Hang in there.

TBF, Sugar Kane, I don't think that's what he is doing, even if it's feeling like that to you.

Please don't take this as anything other than care, but I wonder how helpful it is to you to be participating in this discussion, which is largely "big picture" epidemiology stuff, while you're going through the awful day to day reality of supporting a family member post-stroke.

Cut yourself some slack, and take a bit of a step back, and be as kind to yourself as you'd be to someone else in your shoes.

On the stroke front, remember that the brain is an amazing organ with remarkable powers of recuperation. With lots of help, and decent rehabilitation, your sister could well make a recovery that, right now, may not look too likely. Hang in there.

Thanks existentialist. but unfortunately there has been a portion of the brain damaged beyond repair / regeneration.

I wont be posting anymore about my sister on this thread.

Last edited:
This absolute shithead of a virus, couldn't let us have even one nice thing. I know its unsurprising if you step back that there are some unexpected issues with any medicine but feels like a kick in the teeth to all of us tired humans. Bloody viruses, nothing even eats them they're only good for themselves aren't they.

Yet other countries spotted these problems as early as early March
Controversy regarding blood clots

In early March 2021, the Danish Health Authority put vaccination with Vaxzevria on hold following reports of severe cases of blood clots.
The EMA noted that 30 cases of blood clots, or thrombosis, had occurred following Vaxzevria administration to around 5 million people in the European Economic Area. This included one fatal case in Denmark.
In particular, the EMA observed thrombosis cases alongside thrombocytopenia, which is a condition of low blood platelet counts. It also observed multiple types of thrombosis, including unusual cases of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis, which is a rare occurrence of blood clots in the brain."

First indications here in early March as well.

That's highly misleading. The risk quoted for covid infection is for severe covid, so not actually for covid infection. 16.5% of people who are infected with covid don't develop blood clots. It's also a figure for the whole population, but we know that the risks of severe covid are strongly age-related, so if you are a younger person you know that your risk of severe covid if you become infected is much lower.

Also, the risk of blood clots from the vaccine increases for younger people - five times higher for under-30s than over-60s, according to the figures in the article quoted above.

I haven't missed the point. There are two points - protection of the individual and protection of the population. If you're a young, healthy person, your risk/reward equation from taking the vaccine as an individual is very different from that of an older person.

And the examples given above are concentrated on risk to the individual - a woman taking the birth control pill isn't protecting others by doing so. The examples mix and match and give a frankly plain wrong statement about covid infection.

The attitude to AZ vaccine hesitancy here is almost toxic, I'm sorry for the poster being talked down too about their experiences. People could just stfu once in a while.
I know plenty of experienced HCPs not jumping to have it.
Do produce evidence of vaccine hesitancy among health care professionals. I know that I qualified staff have a low uptake in nursing and residential homes.

Back
Top Bottom