Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Political polling

LOL - Ive made a habit of gammon baiting on the spectator fb page. They are in meltdown cos johnsons is too woke, too green, not racist enough - "he doing what green wifey tells him!" "its not about sleaze - tis cos they've turned in to green labour!"
I hope you’re stirring the pot a bit, adopting some Major Buffon Tufton persona.

it is noticeable that Refuk have gained a couple of points, probably where the tory Brexit bellends are migrating, they’re losing the right fringe, the centrist elements aren’t jumping into Starmer’s void.

I hope you’re stirring the pot a bit, adopting some Major Buffon Tufton persona.

it is noticeable that Refuk have gained a couple of points, probably where the tory Brexit bellends are migrating, they’re losing the right fringe, the centrist elements aren’t jumping into Starmer’s void.
Yeah, the cross Channel migrant stuff if definitely coming up a lot on the gammon rage ball. That, plus brexit fails, may well see refuk gaining.

‘Channel migrants’ is suddenly getting a lot of attention from the press again as the government hits new levels of disgrace. Always a handy diversion. They’ll wheel out Patel with some tough words shortly.

Hat wankers surge!

The ward is in central Whitstable and there’s been a lot of “progressive alliance” stuff going on, especially since the Greens gave way in the constituency in 2019 in an effort to support Duffield; looks like a bit of quid pro quo here from the yellow streak of piss.

Also...lots of recent profile for the Greens with the Southern Water (raw sewage pollution) protests and water rate boycott campaign.

LP losing 6% against no LD (-6%) is not a great sign for them.

The ward is in central Whitstable and there’s been a lot of “progressive alliance” stuff going on, especially since the Greens gave way in the constituency in 2019 in an effort to support Duffield; looks like a bit of quid pro quo here from the yellow streak of piss.

Also...lots of recent profile for the Greens with the Southern Water (raw sewage pollution) protests and water rate boycott campaign.

LP losing 6% against no LD (-6%) is not a great sign for them.
...and looks like Duffield interference with the ward selection process based on trans rights issues.

An Open Letter to Rosie Duffield, Keir Starmer and David Evans

It does, which is why it's probably best not to take personal blogs by obviously axe-grinding labour members you've never heard of before at face value
Fair enough. I'll speak with family later to try to get their local take on the resignation of the previous councillor and the suspension of the preferred candidate.
Does not look as though all is well with the branch, though, what with the sitting councillor resigning forthwith (blaming the Tory council) and the suspensions of aspirant candidates.
Looks like Duffield will lose the City badly at the next GE.

prefered by this crank lady at least.
Well...this branch wouldn't be the first to have seen favoured local candidates blocked/suspended in order that the local MP/region/HQ could determine their preferred candidate. Happened recently in Croydon.

I'm not sure I'm that bothered tbh. All it would be would be loads of posts by you saying 'this result looks bad for Labour!', and me replying with something about local issues and avoiding extrapolating national trends from tiny samples or suchlike.
I'm convinced; sounds like a good's, then! :D

Well...this branch wouldn't be the first to have seen favoured local candidates blocked/suspended in order that the local MP/region/HQ could determine their preferred candidate. Happened recently in Croydon.
Seems like a lot of work - they're desperate to find people to stand for council round here, I bumped into the leader of the council the other week and he asked me to stand and I'm not even a member...

Either way, the way local Labour politics work is savagely factional and you can't really believe anything any member of any faction says about why something has happened the way it has.

Seems like a lot of work - they're desperate to find people to stand for council round here, I bumped into the leader of the council the other week and he asked me to stand and I'm not even a member...

Either way, the way local Labour politics work is savagely factional and you can't really believe anything any member of any faction says about why something has happened the way it has.
Especially so in Croydon.

I've seen a number of councillors from various factions deselected or not selected when they were expecting to be over the years, and what each event has had in common has been a failure of the candidate to marshal the necessary support he needed in the party to win, and a complete failure by them post-defeat to recognise that's what it was down to. It's always unfair game playing and dark plots by the other side that's at fault.

I've seen a number of councillors from various factions deselected or not selected when they were expecting to be over the years, and what each event has had in common has been a failure of the candidate to marshal the necessary support he needed in the party to win, and a complete failure by them post-defeat to recognise that's what it was down to. It's always unfair game playing and dark plots by the other side that's at fault.
Yes, but suspending locally popular candidates also works effectively for the party machine if they happen to not like the faction/politics they represent.

Yes, but suspending locally popular candidates also works effectively for the party machine if they happen to not like the faction/politics they represent.
dark plots. I'm sure it happens, but I'm also sure that most of the people who've been suspended 'for posting in support of palestine!' or similar actually posted some antisemitic rant.

dark plots. I'm sure it happens, but I'm also sure that most of the people who've been suspended 'for posting in support of palestine!' or similar actually posted some antisemitic rant.
Are you? I don't have such faith in the probity of the right faction myself.

I'm glad you're so certain. It must make you feel good. Try looking at the Jewish Voice for Labour website. You don't have to agree with them, and you may think they're all tankies or whatever, but loads of Jewish Labour Party members are being suspended for being anti-semitic.

Back
Top Bottom