Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pictures of god

C988BA6F-C43E-4764-90F8-B10BD4E67C05.jpeg

So this is titled Jesus giving the keys to St Peter (Jésus donnant les clefs à saint Pierre).

I took a photo of it because it's so damn Pan's People.
The figurative keys to the kingdom of heaven are portrayed by actual fucking keys whilst a bald God is in heaven waving Hey up here mate.
Just to be absolutely clear Jesus is pointing. They for up there.

This article might interest you, a review of GOD: An Anatomy by Francesca Stavrakopoulou, which pieces a portrait together in words.

archived version: archive.ph
hmmm im not sure about the basis of that article/book. it is very hard to know what people really thought/experienced in the past. It is much more likely I think that religion in that earlier period was much much transcendental/visionary/hallucinatory/revelationary - you would experience religious ecstasy...that means "seeing god"...i've literally seen the light myself...but thats very different from saying god has a body...im sure they were just as able to do metaphor as we are, so the stuff about Him having a stool and therefore having feet etc doesn't add up to me.

hmmm im not sure about the basis of that article/book. it is very hard to know what people really thought/experienced in the past. It is much more likely I think that religion in that earlier period was much much transcendental/visionary/hallucinatory/revelationary - you would experience religious ecstasy...that means "seeing god"...i've literally seen the light myself...but thats very different from saying god has a body...im sure they were just as able to do metaphor as we are, so the stuff about Him having a stool and therefore having feet etc doesn't add up to me.
It would be surprising if these imaginings were more than metaphor - I agree with you. I don't think the pictures earlier in the thread are meant to be taken literally either.

(OTOH, I always assumed Icke was using metaphor when he talked about lizards so wdik.)

It would be surprising if these imaginings were more than metaphor - I agree with you. I don't think the pictures earlier in the thread are meant to be taken literally either.

(OTOH, I always assumed Icke was using metaphor when he talked about lizards so wdik.)
aye...theres always the totally deluded to consider!!

I always appreciated Hans Holbein's decision to depict a dead Christ flipping the viewer off:
1920px-The_Body_of_the_Dead_Christ_in_the_Tomb%2C_and_a_detail%2C_by_Hans_Holbein_the_Younger.jpg

Back
Top Bottom