Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

If god exists, would you worship him?

My 'free will' would have me prevent suffering, but I don't have the power to intervene in the suffering of all humanity. Even a missionary cannot do that and I am not a missionary. It does not mean I am complicit in suffering of others.

Why do you keep talking about you as if you're the only person on the planet?
Do what you can.
Or just give up.
Really...you either try or you don't. You either alleviate someone's suffering ...or you dont. You either act out of kindness to your neighbour who needs help...or you dont. You either give some of your money to help others or you dont. You get out there and fight for homes for the homeless or you dont....
Maybe you can't help everyone on the planet..but help someone. You've got to start somewhere. And yes...if you or anyone lives their life in a bubble not contributing positively to anyone else's life/development/ then that inaction is complicit in the dehumanising of the world. In my opinion.

That sounds like fuzzy logic to me.

Just for information purposes, what would withstand a 'proper analysis of the facts'?

I'm not sure you're using fuzzy logic properly here, but the facts are all around. Do you buy fuel for a car? Do you use gas, electricity, use public transport? Do you eat meat, milk, eggs? Food grown on monoculture plantations where people work in misery? Do you save money rather than give it to the needy? What do you do far a living? Something morally or socially beneficial? I could go on. We are all to blame, there are no (or very, very, very few) good people in this world. There's good behaviour, and bad behaviour, but people themselves are morally neutral at best.

Last edited:
I have not met any all-knowing being and I doubt I ever will, so I cannot make any comparisons.
It was a rhetorical question, you don't need to answer it. Do you now understand why there is a category missing, though? That isn't a rhetorical question, you can answer it.

God lives inside of anyone of us, we are gods, the only difference between so called name "god" and ordinary human is that he does know that he is "god" and we put that in doubt but we are also gods. I would say most of the people are sleeping gods, but i hope in time they will understand the true power that stands in the shadow , it's who they really are. No fear, no doubt, no overthinking , no separation between one and two, you and thou or bad and good , all is the same. The true god never ask questions , cos every question is the answer to the question as well. If you say who is the god ? , it's really funny when the person who stands before the mirrow and asking again and again where am i ,where am i. True worship is not bad cos u are worshiping to yourself. But don't mix it with something bad or with narcissism or with that you or i better than someone else, if you do so you don't get all above. Therefore the answer to the question "If god exists, would you worship him?" cann't be given because any separations don't exist.

Last edited:
Just for the sake of it, a barely-relevant quote I happen to like.

“All right," said Susan. "I'm not stupid. You're saying humans need... fantasies to make life bearable."

REALLY? AS IF IT WAS SOME KIND OF PINK PILL? NO. HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.

"Tooth fairies? Hogfathers? Little—"

YES. AS PRACTICE. YOU HAVE TO START OUT LEARNING TO BELIEVE THE LITTLE LIES.

"So we can believe the big ones?"

YES. JUSTICE. MERCY. DUTY. THAT SORT OF THING.

"They're not the same at all!"

YOU THINK SO? THEN TAKE THE UNIVERSE AND GRIND IT DOWN TO THE FINEST POWDER AND SIEVE IT THROUGH THE FINEST SIEVE AND THEN SHOW ME ONE ATOM OF JUSTICE, ONE MOLECULE OF MERCY. AND YET—Death waved a hand. AND YET YOU ACT AS IF THERE IS SOME IDEAL ORDER IN THE WORLD, AS IF THERE IS SOME...SOME RIGHTNESS IN THE UNIVERSE BY WHICH IT MAY BE JUDGED.

"Yes, but people have got to believe that, or what's the point—"

MY POINT EXACTLY.”

(Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

Back
Top Bottom