Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pics from your State Sanctioned Exercise.

You should have let me know you were coming — I must have pretty much walked right by you.

I wasn't very sure I'd make it up the hill tbh :D

Will be venturing back that way though, a huge area to explore and now I know I can get up there...

Also that cottage in the picture, many years ago I saw that on fire as we were raving in the field opposite it :)

I wasn't very sure I'd make it up the hill tbh :D

Will be venturing back that way though, a huge area to explore and now I know I can get up there...

Also that cottage in the picture, many years ago I saw that on fire as we were raving in the field opposite it :)
I know the guy that lives in it. I wouldn’t try to go raving there now unless you want a shotgun up your nose...

I know the guy that lives in it. I wouldn’t try to go raving there now unless you want a shotgun up your nose...

I suspect it was he who set the fire, we raved that field a lot over the years and the house was derelict. Frau Bahn actually went as far as contacting the agent, they wanted £800k back then which was out of our league, but there were a number of restrictions on how it could be restored, first rave of the new season and a fire helpfully burns away all those pesky restrictions and six months later the house is restored and lived in with a pair of Rottweilers roaming the garden :cool:

I suspect it was he who set the fire, we raved that field a lot over the years and the house was derelict. Frau Bahn actually went as far as contacting the agent, they wanted £800k back then which was out of our league, but there were a number of restrictions on how it could be restored, first rave of the new season and a fire helpfully burns away all those pesky restrictions and six months later the house is restored and lived in with a pair of Rottweilers roaming the garden :cool:
I’m not 100% sure he was the one that rebuilt it. I think that was another guy before my time and the present incumbent bought it from him (or possibly his estate). Don’t quote me on that, though.

Abney Park Cemetery today .20210409_113729.jpg20210409_115518.jpg20210409_115633.jpgPlenty of room on the grave slab for more family members who decided not to join them there for eternity. A touching red coffee lid tribute , and flowers on the lion (I think Bostok was a circus man.

We went for a wander round Braunston this morning.
Cruised through there on various boats many times, but never really explored the village.
View attachment 262824View attachment 262825View attachment 262826View attachment 262827

My mate ran the Grand Union Canal Race, he turned left at Braunston in error and ended up running several miles in the wrong direction and then to cap it all was sick on a canal boat.

"Don't turn left at Braunston" is something I still say to him. Luckily he completed the race a few years later.

Back
Top Bottom