Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pics from your State Sanctioned Exercise.

Late afternoon walk in my Manor 20210322_173850.jpgTrain paused on the marshes .20210322_174806.jpgIn the foreground old Leyton, a scrapyard , fancy new blocks in the background. 20210322_175121.jpgClose up of the fancy pants new blocks opposite Lea Bridge Road Station.20210322_175450.jpgSunset 20210322_180038.jpgSunset , Lea Bridge Road , and Leyton Marsh.

My fave spot for that is up on Mariner's hill between Crockham Hill and Chartwell. A bit further along the ND from you, but on a clear day there's a good view back West towards the Surrey hills.
You've just got me checking out the bridleways between me and Mariner's Hill! It seems reasonable except for getting round Oxted. Don't they have any horsey folk there?!

Wrote my car off on a hairpin bend just by Crockham Hill :-(
Another reason for me struggling to find a bike route around Oxted to Mariner's Hill is that I had a car written off by a quarry lorry on Chalk Pit Hill and I've always been reluctant to travel on it since. The memory of 30 odd tonnes of lorry, unable to stop, pushing me down the hill and into a bank is difficult to forget!

Another reason for me struggling to find a bike route around Oxted to Mariner's Hill is that I had a car written off by a quarry lorry on Chalk Pit Hill and I've always been reluctant to travel on it since. The memory of 30 odd tonnes of lorry, unable to stop, pushing me down the hill and into a bank is difficult to forget!

I can well imagine that, quite a tricky road that one. My mate once drove a Luton van down White Lane, the other side of Titsey Hill for a laugh, it wasn’t that appreciated by the person he was helping to move house who was in the van at the time.

I can well imagine that, quite a tricky road that one. My mate once drove a Luton van down White Lane, the other side of Titsey Hill for a laugh, it wasn’t that appreciated by the person he was helping to move house who was in the van at the time.
crosses off another route down off the ridge

I think I'll have to go through the Titsey Plantation (Pitchfont Lane?)

Back
Top Bottom